"Falling" For the California Delta

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Foster

Reaction score
Well If you read the fishing reports you know what happened. if not here is a recap..

Saturday Tom (fishfafun)Lutz and I fished the Delta in my 170DC. Well about 1 hour after we started I managed to trip over my Big ole feet and fall backwards over the drivers console smashing the windshield all to pieces and landing on my back in the middle of the bench seat. One leg still on the drivers console and the other between the consoles. Man I hit like a 400lb sack of SH... I mean Potatoes.

I still don't know how or why I didn't get hurt. I had one small scratch from the broken windshield but that's about it. My back is a little sore and my neck hurts a little. Gonna be sore for a few days I think. But I think what got hurt the most was my Pride. How embarrassing.

Later, I told Tom three good things happened, and one bad thing happened when I fell.

The bad thing.

I broke my windshield. wonder what that will cost$$$.

Good things.

1. I didn't get seriously hurt.

2. I didn't knock in or break any of the rods and reels.

And the 3rd and most important thing that didn't happen when I fell was..

I DIDN

Oh man, John....... Sounds like you've been taking klutz lessons from me! Just ask Rich how often I tripped over the little rise in the floor on our borrowed 929! A person can get hurt seriously that way.......

But then....... I don't have nearly as far to fall either!

:^)

me!

Windshileds are about 65 bucks if i remember right... thats what they were on my savage when i tripped and sat on one.

John,

I thought the story was we were running the boat at wot and a duck flew by and broke it? Man, that story was really working until you messed it up....;o)

Did you tell Stacey that you were going to put the good one on the driver side yet? Thought you might "duck" out on that one too!!!!

BTW, in case I forget John, next time we're out in the Cat bring that new fangled GPS whatchamajigger so we can see how fast we're really goin' because you know we can't believe that Cat can't go THAT fast!

Tom

Don't worry Jon that wasn't stupid, but knowing that you weren't seiously hurt, it sure is funny....LOL

The best is the photos we all post of ourselves once in a while. It's 100 times funnier when we have a visual image... I can just see it all happen like I was there....ROFLMAO!!!!

Just take 4 Advil and call us in the morning

Marke

Thanks guys, I am doing just fine. The windshield is on order (75.00) and my ego is almost back to normal.....LOL

Hey Tom, I tried the Duck through the windshield and She just looked at me and Said. Where are the feathers? And I knew my "GOOSE" was cooked....:Oo

I didn't try the move the windshield to my side thing. I figured i was already sore enough from the fall. I didn't need the beating too..:0)

Hope to have the GPS this week. Come on UPS guy..

John

Will the new GPS help you avoid the "bumps" in the water that caused the fall?!?

The worst thing about it Ken. It was Flat calm when I did my stunt. I could understand if I lost it during a roller or something.

Funny thing is. I had not run the windshields on my boat for the past 5 years. I only put them back on two weeks ago because the wife and daughter are starting to ride with me. and the wife wanted more wind break then the small console was giving.

John

Latest posts

Back