Fall Smallies or Archery Season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
I need some help gang. We're coming up on September and I 've been waiting for the summer folks to leave the lake and head home so I can get out for some fall smallie action. Then out of no where came the Archery bug and bit me sqaure in the butt.

I don't know if I should fish or start scouting some prime hunting spots that are near my new house. I'd love to get a nice deer with my new bow, but at the same time I'm not ready to put the boat away for the season. I should see if I can hunt deer from a boat. I could fit a 10 pointer in the livewell.....LOL

I need to win powerball, working bites... There's just not enough time..

Marke

I feel your pain Marke, I usually have to start guiding for birds by mid Sept, but the best fall bite starts then. I love being in the woods, but miss the water. Somewhat like Mac said, when I go full time, I will fish Mon-Wed, and spend the rest of the week in the woods, Sundays will be just for me for deer hunting and family.

I have the same bug Marke! But fishing always comes first. I agree with Mac and Rob, hunt early and late, fish the rest of it. My wife doesn't always agree so factor that in to your equation. This is my third year and I am still waiting to fill a tag. LOTS of deer here in Iowa so no worries but there is that "confidence" factor about the distance I can shoot and still be sure of an ethical hi/kill. Be sure and be safe, otherwise let the fish override the bow.

Thanks for the advice guys. Like you Chief, I'm still waiting to fill my first tag. We are allowed 2 with a bow this year in NH. I just bought a new house that is surrounded by farms and conservation land. I've seen about a dozen deer while driving to and from work. If I don't get one this year, I'll just stick to fishin...LOL

Marke

Latest posts

Back