Extended Warranty from Mercury

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
I just got a letter from Mercury Marine trying to sell me a two year extended warranty for $84.40. It's confusing because in the cover letter it says: (quote" Congratulations on your recent MotorGuide Trolling Motor purchase"unquote). When I put on my jewelers glasses and read the two pages of mouse print it seems to apply to the Outboard motor as well, with MANY restrictions. My question is - did any of you guys buy this extended warranty? Or ever have the unfortunate occasion to use it and make a claim?

2011 Z6

thanks for any advice

Think my Optimax came with a 3 year??? Extended warranties are a huge money maker something like a Mercury Outboard should last with out one IMHO

fatrap

That's what I was thinking fat and Berry. I think I'll keep the 85 bucks and buy another Kistler Carbon Steel Micro rod. I've tried 'em all and - for $99 - they are my favorites. With my MoJo's coming in second. (seems like my Loomis rods stay in the box too much 'cause I'm afraid of stepping on 'em ... like their royalty or something ....

Better check and make sure that everything is covered. I have a 2009 Z7 with a 150 Optimax. After 1 1/2 years my oil tank quite working and Nitro and Mercury said that it was only covered for one year and wanted to charge me 200.00 for a new one. Thanks to BP they took care of my problem and put a new one in free of charge. Nitro and Mercury would not help at all. I have a full 5 year warranty on this motor and found out that the oil tank is not considered part of the motor parts.

Latest posts

Back