Everstarts good?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
O.K guys..what your consensus on Wally World Everstarts...any luck?

They were reliable for me. Only thing was I would only get 36 months out of them. Come about the 30 month timeframe I could tell they were starting to gasp.

Carlos

For a simple lead/acid battery in a plastic case, they're a good battery. For a great deal that puts the purchase price on par with the Everstart's, try and catch the Sears Diehard Platinum Marine batteries on sale. It is the best bang for the buck in the battery department I've seen for a long time. Good luck! ;)

I just bought an Everstart Cranker in May,......so far no problems, but to early to tell anything regarding longevity! (Although I did get the 3 year no questions asked replacement guarantee with it!!) ;)

I have had terrible luck with everstarts and its sister brand batteries over the years, in cars, boats, motorcycles etc. For me its bad enough that i will never ever run them again even in my lawn mower.

I run a much better quality wet cell deep cycle now(trojan) and i have had not a single issue. My last set went 6 years and were still good (good as in 8+ hours of full power on a windy day good) when i traded the boat in.

Some people don't like Interstates but, the one I'm replacing is 6 years old also.

Trojan is too expensive for me.

Tee, thats a choice you have to make. For me with the problems i have had with everstarts, Trojans have worked out to be a much better deal for me money wise in the long run. With the pro-rate charges they hit me with on the everstarts after the first year i could pay for a set of trojans and have money left over when you factor in the original purchace price + the pro rate and be set for 6+ years. For me i went reliability over cost and in the long run reliability has proven cheaper on my wallet too.

Another battery to look at would be the bps labeled ones at bass pro. From what im told they are made by Deka and are a quality battery and the price looks decent.

I've heard that about the BPS batteries but, closest one is 50+ miles away. Just trying to find something close before Friday. I will contact Interstate and see what the price diff is if any. I'm open right now but, have used Interstates for years now.

How much are the Trojans for say a group 27?

The cranking battery I had to replace in my boat was a Deka, and it was only 2 years old!! go figure,.......ya just never know....ya win some and ya lose some i guess!! LOL

I get 3-4 years out of Everstarts both cranking and trolling. For the price........who can complain?

I think that's my answer....Wally's got group 27's for $70.

Can't beat that I don't think.:cool:

TEE,

i've been usin em for better part of 20 years.

now every boat i have the first thing i do is replace those crappy cheap a** interst**e

and sell or give them to someone who can stand them failing year after year.

my everstarts last 4 years or more. i plug my boat in as soon as i get home and i leave it pluged when i'm not useing it including the winter.

i my humble opinion they are the best bang for the buck sans buying optimas.

Guess it's just a matter of how deep you want to spend and your experiences, I have heard both good and bad about most kinds of batteries both wet and gel...my group 27 Interstate is going on 6 years old and now just showing signs of only wanting to fish for half day and I plan to replace with another Interstate, they sell here for about $110.00 with core trade in...

I have to second the Sears Diehard Platinum . That is one strong battery but a little pricey. They do come with a full 3 year full replacement

Running a set of Everstarts now, no issues so far after two years.

Have also had good luck with ACDelco gel batteries, up to 5 years, then I got nervous and replaced them. They are now in my metal boat and still going after 7 years.

Although my new boat has Interstate Trolling Motor Batteries those will be replaced by Deka's as soon as they're dead.

Both Interstates and Everstarts are made by JCI.

Let's go FISHING cuz the worms are out everywhere since they spilled out of the can!:lol:

Which truck do y'all think is better?:p:lol:

FWIW - Everstarts have been in my current boat sinme I have owned it. Now they arent the same ones....but I have replaced them with Everstarts because no matter where you are you are near a WalMart anymore and you can swap them out.

That was then....now I dont think there is the same warranty involved. I think you have to purchase the new one that Mac was talking about (previous ones I had were 24 mo replacement)

I usually go through them about every two years.

Next time around, I am going with trojans.

Related Question - Can you get "too powerful" a battery? Mercury Recommends 465 MCA and 350 CCA for my motor (25hp). I was going to go the next step up but wonder if that would be a waste of $ or could damage the starter?

Nice link regarding battery makers

http://www.galttech.com/research/cars/buy-car-battery.php

I have had terrific service with Interstate and just bought a new one for my starter battery and exchanged an Everstare for one that died as my troll battery. Will see how they compare as the years go on. My bet is the interstate wins, hands down but again IMO. I keep both on charge as soon as I put my boat in the garage.

Walmart still warranties batteries if your local store isnt you need to call home office. Its still stamped on the front of the batteries.They did change from yellow to blue designs.. Im a store manager in Kentucky and you guys are getting treated unfairly.

Well...the initial verdict is in...after fishing about 5 hours Friday, the Everstart had pleny of power left. We'll have a better report in the fall at Dale...that's usually all day of troller use;)

Latest posts

Back