Everstart Maxx Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Young

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new trolling Everstart Maxx battery from Wal Mart yet? For $65. it's not a bad price and a 9yr warranty. I got one bad Interstate and the other is going. Any thoughts on this?

They sure do make marine,Esox. I am trying to find out what they weigh from the manufacture.

Terry,

I have 2 in my boat. This is their 1st season though. They seem great. For $65 and the warranty, you can't go wrong. They hold a great charge, and last all day. On light days, I have gone 2 days without recharging, (not on purpose) forgot to plug in at night. They just barely got weak at the end of the second day.

If I'm not mistaken Everstart's are made by AC Delco/Delphi? I have a friend that works for Delco I'll ask if he can find out for sure.

Sam, I just got a e-mail back from Exide who makes them and the said they are about 40lbs. Seem alittle light to me. Rob are they the yellow case batteries in the 29 series or the black ones. If the yellow one what do you think they weigh?

Terry,

Yeah they are the yellow Maxx. They are pretty hefty. Actually, I broke all my battery mounts last weekend and have to replace them tonight so I will have to take the batteries out. I can weigh one and post the weight tomorrow for you. They are pretty hefty, I can tell you that.

Rob. Thanks for the info but I can use them. They are to big for the area I got in my boat. the Pro Team 185 doesn't have alot room back by the gas tank and with 12/24 volt system two will not fit. So thank again. Terry

I sold Exide for a Auto Repair Shop from '93-96... WAy to many Batteries that were Dead on Arrival and Warranty claims... I will never buy one because of this. Did not really have a Choise with the Everstart I have. Hopefully it will last. Personally owned a Vehicle with a 9 Year Old Delco Battery. I replaced it cause I knew I was on borrowed time, not cause it went bad.

When it says Delco, you can't trade up. I've used 'em on over a dozen different bass and saltwater boats and have NEVER had a failure. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back