Elite 7 Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Anyone have a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI? Mine five year old unit has started turning itself off and on leaving the message box that reads Do not rely on this product as your primary source of navigation ... press Enter to continue. Does it about once and hour or more. I've installed update #4 a while ago. Going to call Lowrance Monday.

fatrap
aka
Mike Grandick

I just got a 5 and it shows that like all the other ones I've seen on start up only. Are you having battery voltage issues? My buddies HDS 10 started that every time he started big motor and it was fixed with a new battery. Corrosion on terminals¿

Brand new starting battery. Lowrance says it's normal. But l updated to version 4.0 and did a hard restart. Now I need to try it.
fatrap
aka
Mike Grandick

I have one and it shuts down once or twice a day. Restarts fine. Just agervating. Had this one for 3 years now.

Running fine now with the update and hard restart. Also found out that I wasn't running my Navionics card but the Lowrance one that came with it. Much better detail with the Navinics but slower to update and lock on position.

The delay in refreshing when using the Navionics card is a know problem. I had an early vintage Elite 7 and the delay was a minute or more. The Chart screen would go blank each time I hit the zoom button and it took a minute or more to refresh. Did the same thing when running and the cursor was nearing the edge of the map, when the screen refreshed it was blank for a minute. That is a long time to be flying blind.
Lawrence finally threw in the towel and swapped me out an HDS 7 touchscreen. That is one slick dude. A couple of releases after I traded mine I understood they had fixed the problem on the Elite.
I would stay on their case to get it fixed.

Latest posts

Back