Electrical issues/ battery spark

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman88

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve got a 2007 nitro 700lx. I just purchased a new fish finder and installed it, as I was Installing, I had the positive and negative wires touched on accident and sparked. I didn’t think nothing of it until I got on the water immediately after install and my lights, bilge pump and trim wouldn’t work. Although my trim would work from the buttons on my motor. Just wouldn’t work from the throttle and the buttons on the front of the boat. I’ve checked fuses and and wires and couldn’t find anything. Any suggestions on what the issue could be? Everything worked before these wires touched and sparked. Thank you

Hello everyone, I’ve got a 2007 nitro 700lx. I just purchased a new fish finder and installed it, as I was Installing, I had the positive and negative wires touched on accident and sparked. I didn’t think nothing of it until I got on the water immediately after install and my lights, bilge pump and trim wouldn’t work. Although my trim would work from the buttons on my motor. Just wouldn’t work from the throttle and the buttons on the front of the boat. I’ve checked fuses and and wires and couldn’t find anything. Any suggestions on what the issue could be? Everything worked before these wires touched and sparked. Thank you

Did you check all the fuses with a 12v tester on both sides of the fuses? if you did and they are ok then check the main breaker in the bilge. It will have reset button on it or a little lever to push in.

Did you check all the fuses with a 12v tester on both sides of the fuses? if you did and they are ok then check the main breaker in the bilge. It will have reset button on it or a little lever to push in.
Where is that main breaker at exactly im looking at it now and can’t seem to find no breaker unless it is hidden somewhere.

Where is that main breaker at exactly im looking at it now and can’t seem to find no breaker unless it is hidden somewhere.
You're going to have to follow the battery leads it may go into a square aluminum box. Or you may have two heavy number 10 red battery leads going to it you'll have to follow it to find it. Every year seems to be different.

Traced the red power wire back and the electric and it stops at the
You're going to have to follow the battery leads it may go into a square aluminum box. Or you may have two heavy number 10 red battery leads going to it you'll have to follow it to find it. Every year seems to be different.
would that cause all of my other components to not work as well? Like my dash lights. Because when it’s smart, all of this went out at the same time, lights, bilge pump and dash lights

Attachments

• 727A983C-9C0E-4150-B8DD-4C60B6A30E69.jpeg
    727A983C-9C0E-4150-B8DD-4C60B6A30E69.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Traced the red power wire back and the electric and it stops at the

would that cause all of my other components to not work as well? Like my dash lights. Because when it’s smart, all of this went out at the same time, lights, bilge pump and dash lights

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
The red wire the bottom of your fuse panel that heavy 10 gauge wire you'll have to follow that wire back to where it started and you'll find your relay or your breaker or a fuse

The red wire the bottom of your fuse panel that heavy 10 gauge wire you'll have to follow that wire back to where it started and you'll find your relay or your breaker or a fuse
I have followed that wire back to the battery and there is no in line fuse or breaker. I do have power to that wire all the way up unto a plug that that red wire goes to to the fuse panel . It stops at the plug just before the fuse panel.

I have followed that wire back to the battery and there is no in line fuse or breaker. I do have power to that wire all the way up unto a plug that that red wire goes to to the fuse panel . It stops at the plug just before the fuse panel.
Disconnect red wire from panel plug and see if you have 12v. If so, then your connector plug on fuse panel is bad (may have burnt off due to short) or maybe fuse panel has blown main fuse. This is your main power connection to everything on your fuse panel. So if you don't have 12v there, anything else connected to fuse panel is not going to work either. Also check black wire coming from battery to fuse block, also may have been damaged .

Disconnect red wire from panel plug and see if you have 12v. If so, then your connector plug on fuse panel is bad (may have burnt off due to short) or maybe fuse panel has blown main fuse. This is your main power connection to everything on your fuse panel. So if you don't have 12v there, anything else connected to fuse panel is not going to work either. Also check black wire coming from battery to fuse block, also may have been damaged .
Figured it out. That red wire going to the fuse panel was bad. I bypassed it and routed a wire straight to the fuse panel and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help from everyone. It’s amazing what a multimeter can do

Figured it out. That red wire going to the fuse panel was bad. I bypassed it and routed a wire straight to the fuse panel and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help from everyone. It’s amazing what a multimeter can do
Might want to put a breaker on the positive side of the battery since you didn't have one there.

Looking for the source of the loss of power to my console I traced all the positive power leads all the way to the NMEA 0183, not only are there fuses but the power lines have fusible links in them. They are the clear sections of the red wires where you can see an aluminum wire running through them. I thought one fuse and one fusible link was sufficient but mine had two fusible links an inch apart leading to the touch power off switch. Also, my fuse panel diagram was wrong. They told me my boat was number 23 of the first 2022 models, my guess new trainees built it. One of the best parts was many optional equipment was added without cost and that they no longer offered and the optional 18" wheel model with some awesome looking Kenda Vezda 18" 245x45 tires with custom made black wheels made for Ntitros that have N's cast into the spokes when you bought them in combination with fiberglass fenders.

Latest posts

Back