Elbow surgery and Fishing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
Just a question for everyone...I'm having nerve reconstruction surgery on my elbow on Tuesday for Cubital Tunnel Syndrome and was wondering if anyone out here has had similar surgery and what the recovery time was. It's on my casting arm and I hope to be back fishing by April, but I've heard many conflicting reports on recovery. This is also my Corona lifting arm, but I think I can switch hands for awhile!!!

Don't know about the surgery...But thanks for the tips yesterday. The rest of the guys take somke breaks, I'm taking "flippin" breaks. Got a small box out in the middle of the lobby about 25' away. Get it in the box 4 out of 10, hit the box most other times. Way cool. Now you gotta show me the trick with the hat again.

The hat-trick is double-top secret info....don't try it at home, you could injure some valuable equipment.

Ken, sorry I can't offer any info, but good luck and a speedy recovery.

Ken....dont be giving all my secrets away!!!

I know that bad elbow wasnt from casting.....wait dont tell me I dont want to know. Your other shoulder is probably sore too from holding the centerfold....lol

Good luck under the knife, and a speedy recovery.

Mini

sorry no info about surgery. any idea what caused it? if it was from setting on big bass i can't wait till i need surgery. seriosly do you think it's from casting? stan

if that includes numbness of the fingers and weakness in the arms,i have a mild form of it,coping with it,but hurts like hell at times!!

ken,let me know how you make out.

surprisingly or not, alot of anglers suffer from "tennis elbow" or "casting arm". it does not differ from any repetitive stress syndrome, other than the areas effected.

there have been numerous "bass pros" that have or have had the affliction. the best remedy is to do things with your hands (ie exersize them) in a manner other than your fishing motions. larry nixon is the most recent guy that comes to mind. he had his surgery, then he came to st clair......man he caught way too many of my fish....lol

i am not becoming an advocate to what neely is suffering from, i can usually find reprieve from a willing partner...lol

touche....

mini

I can't advise you on the surgery but I'm sure all will be fine. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. Good luck. Bear

Well....... Looks like I'm the medical expert again!

I had the surgery about 8 years ago on my right elbow....... Never bothered me a bit! Least not that I remember - that's what happens when ya git past 50!

Just sit back and enjoy the nurses, Ken! They're MUCH kinder than those girls down at Hooters!

me!

(HOWEVER...... If the BIG nurse comes over to you with a long, thin tube in her hands......)

No info on the surgery, but here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Just remember, nurses do read charts and would know exactly where to smack you for the full effect!!

Barb

Scott,..you obviousley haven't been to our Hooter's at 17 1/2 and VanDyke...they can make ANY pain go away!!!

Mac

Hm-m-m-m....... Boats, fishin', NASCAR and Penny AND Medicinal Hooter's Girls - ALL in one trip!!

Hey, Mac...... When did you say the dates were for the Spring Classic?

:^)

me!

Ken,

Had to have cortizone shots in the shoulder. That's about it. Good luck though, and whatever Mac tells you about Coronas and lime has NOT been approved by the FDA yet!

Thanx everyone....I'll be out for a while but I'll get back on the board after the holidays.

Stan,

Part of it is casting, but mostly it's from shooting handguns. For about 7 years, I shot 500-700 rounds a month, which produced a lot of repetitive shock to the area.

Mini, at least I'm getting some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac, do the Hooter's girls make house calls?!?

Lol, only SOME????? A man of your intelligence and good looks should be beating them away with a stick!....good luck with the recovery Ken. Have a great holiday season, and make sure you kiss Christy under the misletoe this year!

Mini

Thanks Mac and Mini

I have mistletoe covering every inch of my place!!!! LOL

You guys have a great holiday too...we'll get together sometime soon for beverages.

WOW!!! All this time I thought Mini was a female and Mac and Mini were dating or something. Man was I wrong. lol

Oh, Man!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!

Mac 'n Mini dating!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T tell Mac's wife and daughters!

me!

(Although I always did suspect them of doing "Macho Man" as a perfectly choreographed duet on the bow of Mini's 911!)

(Guess I'm chum for sure now...........)

OH,PUULLLEEAAASSE!!!!!!,..............The ONLY thing Mini and I do together is have a GREAT time,...catch toads,...eat wings,...down a few occasional J&C's,....and laugh about what a bunch of FREAKS all of YOU guys (and Gals) are!!!! LOL.....and further more,..if any of you ever make it up to our neck of the woods,.....we'll show you what it's like to be us!!..it ain't easy!!! LOL

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Mac

Well you have to admit, they're made for one another! An UGLY couple, but made for one another! LOL That one was WAY too easy, we could have fun with that for months! Until spring even.

Oh sure....everybody is a comedian......beat a man when he is down....lol....

Mac is not my type...he is an "outie".....I most definately like "innies"....

Happy Holidays,

Mini

You guys have made our day! Had all the guys (and gal) here reading the last set of posts and EVERYONE was ROFLOAO!! But look on the bright side...at least Mac & Mini can't have kids! Now that would be scary!

Sorry Mac and Mini. I'm down here in Florida and don't know either of you. I never knew Mini was a man and I always saw you two posting together. I just thought you were a couple. Sorry. Robert

It is funny though. Happy Holidays:)

No, Robert, it is NOT funny....... It is HILARIOUS!!

And..... Mac's description of the ONLY things he and Mini do together - sounds like a PERFECT date to me!

me!

Mini,...I need my space,...LOLOLOL,....I can't take the public pressure of this anymore.....it's over!!

Happy holidays!!! Hooter's,,...HERE I COME!!!

Mac

I have been mistaken for Bill before, but nnever for his "woman".....

Bill: Are you "firing" me again? LOL.....They are all just jealous I guess....

Nominal: No worries mate. It doesnt phase me. Rolls off like water off a ducks back! I have been mistaken for Bill before, but not his "woman".....

http://www.lakestclair.net/captcorner/lsc_ac_fishing_reports.htm

Mini
http://www.lakestclair.net/captcorner/lsc_ac_fishing_reports.htm

It's true,..pretty funny stories about that too!!...Especially the little kid that came up to Mini at the Spring Classic last year and asked him if he'd draw on his name badge for him,...Mini said,.."Sure, but I don't think you'll like MY drawing,...I think you want the other guy that looks like me!!!"..LOL

Anyway,...the kid found me and he said,..."you guys look like brothers!,..I thought you were that other guy!!"..ahhah,......We get mistaken for each other a LOT,....keeps us honest,..we never want to make the other look bad,....so Mini has to practice his drawing skills and I need a cell phone!!! HA!!

BTW, Mini,....I don't fire anybody before the holidays,.....you're golden until atleast spring anyway!!

Rest easy...lol...seeya!!

Mac

Boy, you two are lucky I was laid up while this string of posts was going on!!!!

Should I book you a room together for the boat shows???

I knew you would HAVE to put your 2 cents in Neeley (say that like Seinfeld says "Newman").....

I might make you book us seperate rooms this year....I kinda liked having an overnight "guest" last year.... :O)

Mini

I kinda enjoyed my guest too...matter of fact, I still am!!!

Latest posts

Back