Easy Rod Locker Holder

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Hey gang, Check out the "Easy/Quick Rod Locker Holder" in the grab bag and let me know what you think.

For you non PC175 owners, you should be able to do this on any of the boats, just ask for the spring that holds the Front Livewell open on the PC175.

Can't wait to get her back on the water next Wed and try it out!

TrepMan

Looks great, Trep! I may just have to do this to the rod lockers on my TV18! A very creative solution to the problem of lids slamming down on rod tips.

Mark

Good job. I know your problem with the rod locker. I was thinking about the gas spring but this arrangement will work fine. I'll give it a try when I uncover next year.

Bear

Thanks TrepMan!!!! This should work great on my PT185. Am always aggravated at the lids plopping back down just when you don't want them too. I'm planning at trip to the Cincinnati BPS this winter and will be sure and get a couple. Thanks again.

Ok Trep.....Now that your the Crappie Pro 'Rod Locker Holder' expert you can stop by Jersey

and do mine!!..........Doh!...The boats winterized and sealed up till spring! You got off easy and it'll

have to be a spring project for me now I guess!!! Great project Mike!! Mike L.

Guys - Thanks for the thumbs UP!

Barry - I looked into Gas springs too, but this seemed to easy and was.

Mark - I figure it should work for most boats/rod lockers.

I bought 1 extra spring and am thinking of using it for the battery compartment lid. Problem from looking at it quickly is there is no place on the sides to easily attach it. The rod locker had a solid wall on 1 side, where the "hatch" in back is just that, cut into the aluminium/wood decking and not a lot of thick spots to attach. I'll look at it in Jan/Feb when we get a cold spell and let you know how it turns out.

TrepMan

Latest posts

Back