Dropshot Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
Does anyone dropshot in cold water say 48 to 50 degrees ? I have success with this in the warmer times, but have never tried it in the spring. Beck

Yes I dropshot all year. With water temps.

even colder.For large mouth and small mouth.:)

I think you can catch em on a drop shot anytime, anyplace (as long as there are fish!)

people have been using it through the ice too.

I remember back in the day we just called this tying the hook above the weight and it worked wonders year round; and now it has its own name, special rods, special hooks, etc. How times change.

My uncle about had a heart attack when I tied on the "new" drop shot rig. He said that is how he grew up carp fishing in Ohio 40 yrs ago!!

"Everything old becomes new again....."

I hope you are right Tox... I'm getting pretty old and I'd like that "new" feeling...:D

Is that like the "funny" feeling? lol

I am closer to that...lol

BTW it is an old salmon snagging rig here in MI. Thats why it was banned long before it became "new" again.

That's right, Meeechigan did have a ban on that rig. I wonder when that ban began? I couldn't possibly have an outstanding joovie warrant from my days in Battle Creek could I?

I just printed out the Michigan 2008 regs (so I know for sure which laws I am breaking:lol:) and they have worded it so that you have to keep the dropshot rigs away from the Salmon habitat. Heck, looks like everything I'm gonna do this year will be legal!!:p Does poaching the Indian water or sneaking into Canada count?:D Just kidding....I'd never sneak INTO Canada:lol:

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back