Drop Shot

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
Saw a short article on shallow water drop shot fishing, but it was not vertical. Just caught the last of the article, can someone explain, they were casting, and the lure was just above the structure. Very similar to the Carolina rig but the weight was at the end.

cq

That's the way I learned to do it. weight on the bottom and worm Texas rigged about 12 -24 inches above. Usually on a spinning rig.

Go check out my articles on Yamamoto's Inside Line ezine, you'll have to search them up because I wrote them a while ago but I am a dropshot fanatic. I've fished that rig just about every way you can imagine and given a lot of seminars on it. Just what exactly do you want to know? the basics or a variation?

TOXIC

cq,

I was going to sit and type up all the details. However, I thought I'd just post a URL to a good explanation.

Drop shot works in shallow or deeper water casting. It's a finesse presentation that works. I started fishing it a few years ago with good results. I always fish it on a spinning outfit (7' m). I prefer an 8# test flourocarbon line.

Hope this helps answer your questions:

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/drop-shot.html

p.s. typed as TOXIC was typing his. His articles may be more detailed.

Thanks.

Looking at type of weight for fallen timber, I normally swim in timber without any weight and had an idea about log jigging. I will look at the articles.

cq

Thanks, I was looking at using ball chain or cotter pins (small long ss) through worm weights.

Quickdrop looks like it will work.

cq

Latest posts

Back