Down sizing blues ... Z21 in a garage

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbear72

Reaction score
Has anyone put a Z21 in a 21x21 garage at an angle? Or, those who do keep their z21 in a garage at an angle what size is your garage?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I had a 1996 Nitro 205, which was 20'6", plus trailer, which had a swing away tongue, every bit as long as my 2019 Z21. I could easily fit it in a 22 x 22 garage at an angle. Just remodeled most of house, new garage is now 22 X 29 so no problems anymore, maybe just need to enlarge your garage. :)

Thx for the reply. This is a case of 1) my wife loves the house we are looking at moving to 2) the community has a HOA that is not friendly towards exterior changes. I want acreage for a nice 40x40 shop. Oh well.. happy wife happy life right! Bet that expression was not started by a guy.

Airbear72, I have this 2019 Z20 Pro, it measures 23'8" with the folding tongue, my garage measured 23'6" I of course have to turn the engine all the way to the port side and I tilt the engine until the prop is slightly further out than the cowl. I attached a plywood panel to the drywall and then screwed at rubber floor mat to the plywood, when I push the boat in the last foot the prop will touch the rubber and then spring back off it so there is no pressure against the prop or the hydraulic steering system. I cut a 1' section out of the 2 bottom ribs on the garage door, I'M IN!!!! I also added an electric screen closure to the outside of the cinder blocks so that adds another 12" of room. They sometimes recess those closures, I had them install it to the exterior. I also had 10' Talon's, I bought the tilt plates for them and installed them myself so I can tilt them and garage door height not an issue either.

Attachments

• 20190405_115703 (1).jpg
    20190405_115703 (1).jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190405_115715.jpg
    20190405_115715.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 81
Glad I could help, grease it up and slide it in!!!! LOL Reminds me of an old adage, "When there's a will, there's a way"

It's really weird that when a house is built these days they design the garage for a VW Beetle (Unless of course you design it for it to fit a boat). My Silverado is near 3 feet longer than my garage and I don't even want to think about how I would even attempt to get my new Z21 in there.

Can't help with fitting the boat in the garage but run as fast as you can from ANYWHERE with a HOA.

I can relate to the tight fit, I lost my pictures recently but very much as seen above from Jim. I turn engine fully towards the starboard side, I used my grinder with cutter blades and cut two of the lower ribs on the garage door which accommodate the trolling motor and tongue below the winch. Boat storage measurement is 23'6" this is wall to inside of the garage door. The boat and trailer came in at 23'8" so that's when the decision to cut the garage door ribs. Fits like a glove now. I also had an electric screen garage door installed and had it installed to the outside of door which gave me the distance of a full cinderblock more room. Unless adverse conditions are heading our way I use the screen door more than the full garage door. My GMC Sierra squeezes in right next to the boat but being a full crew cab I can't use the garage door just the screen door. As I previously said, grease it up and slide it in, when there is a will there is a way. Another option was to knock out part of the internal wall to accommodate the engine. I can sleep at night knowing this boat is safe and sound at home not in some storage lot. Living in a deed restricted community only allows me to have the boat on the driveway for 3 days.

Latest posts

Back