Does this qualify me for the list?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Well, it had to happen eventually. I got out of work a little early and took the boat out as the season is rapidly ending. I admit I was rushing trying to make the most of the daylight left. I backed the trailer into the water and my partner gave it gas and it wouldn't budge. I checked the winch strap, it was off. I backed up more thinking it wasn't deep enough. Didn't move an inch. The lightbulb went off, I forgot to remove the transom straps! Pulled it out removed them unloaded and took off! Stopped at the first spot and after a couple minutes the boat doesn't feel right. Forgot the plug! Not an easy thing to put in hanging off the back of the boat. Thank god for the bilge! After all was said and done, got maybe 1/2 hour fishing time!

Rich D

Those straps are tough!

Yeah those are the typical things, welcome to the club. Want to REALLY impress us? Do something really goofy!

Yeah I have forgot the plug before...during a tournament no less. Apparently the water pressure was holding the plug in place up until I got up on plane and switched spots. I was too busy concentrating on getting a good limit, I failed to notice the water POURING up through the drain. My partner finally noticed and we switched the bilge on, but seeing there was no drain plug at all, the water was coming in almost as fast as the pump was pumping. I had no choice but to jump in the water and plug the whole with something....a piece of pork was all I could think of, so I proceeded to strip down and jump in the water to shove the pork into the drain plug hole. It was quite embarassing considering there were a good 10 other boats in the area that saw me do this. Well the pork plug worked and I was able to finish the tournamnet which we ended up winning...Not an experience I will ever forget.

Done that before but checkout theese 2 stupid things

1 Backed into and forgot to tie my rope on the boat.

It was nearly Nov and water temp was 50 deg and the lake is a water supply and does not allow you go go swimming. Boat foated away from dock I waited 2 hours for another boat to help me. they towed it back to the dock

2. Forgot to take off transum saver before backing into the lake. I fell of the trailer/ motor in 5' of water. I decided to swim to get it. I was fully clothed for this operation. Many laughed as I dove in. I could not leave without it since it cost over $30 dollars.

Here's a good one....batteries were dead in Mac's Automatic Turbomatic Lime-Slicer and he forgot to bring new ones so we had to slice them by hand!!!

I'm with you David! Been brewing for about 6 years. Latest batches are a Guiness-style Stout and a VERY hoppy India Pale Ale! I try to have at least 1 case on hand at all times, but with 2 little kids I don't have the brewing time I used to.

TrepMan - Favorite Hobbies: Brewing and Fishing, and neigher the two shall meet!

I'm with you David! Been brewing for about 6 years. Latest batches are a Guiness-style Stout and a VERY hoppy India Pale Ale! I try to have at least 1 case on hand at all times, but with 2 little kids I don't have the brewing time I used to.

TrepMan - Favorite Hobbies: Brewing and Fishing, and neigher the two shall meet!

Latest posts

Back