Does Drotto boat latch work with your Nitro Z7?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMH

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I've read some threads on the Drotto boat latch for loading and launching and read all their stuff on their website. I'm hesitant to try the Drotto because my Z7 has short distance of 7" from the U bolt to the nose of the boat. Some guys have said that the Drotto does not work as well with bass boats as it does with V hulls. I appreciate all thoughts and comments.

I have one and I have a 2018 Nitro Z18. I love it. Just contact them and tell them the kind of boat you have and they can help you get the right one. I got mine with the roller on top because it was a fairly flat angle. The roller helps with getting the nose over the top.

I have one and I have a 2018 Nitro Z18. I love it. Just contact them and tell them the kind of boat you have and they can help you get the right one. I got mine with the roller on top because it was a fairly flat angle. The roller helps with getting the nose over the top.
Buck, thanks for the reply. I will give Drotto a call before I make the purchase. Any trouble loading the boat? With my Nitro bunk trailer, I typically load it most of the way onto the trailer and then have to crank it up the last foot or two. With the Drotto latch, it looks like the rear of the boat will still be floating above the trailer bunks when latched. Thoughts?

When I load mine I generally let the front boards just out of the water and use the motor to push it up and into the drotto latch. That generally works great as it also help line the boat up center. If the back of your boat is still floating, then you are backing in too far.

I have found that most of the time the right depth for me is just before my fenders go under water. Leaving the top of the fenders out of the water. Of course that depends on how steep the ramps are also.

Latest posts

Back