Does anyone use "the bait bar" system?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Does anyone have the "baitbar system" installed on their boats? I'm looking for extra storage space in the

170dc and was wanting to know if anyone has these and how you like them? I think I have seen a link posted on here before to them.

They are a site sponsor. I installed some in my boat this year, and they work well. Not really a space saver or increased storage for me - more of a convenience thing instead. I still carry a large box of spinnerbaits, but the ones I anticipate using are more readily available. It also works well as a "drying rack" for the spinnerbait I just took off.

All the best,

Glenn

When it is loaded down with bags of soft plastics does the hatch still want to stay open? I was wondering if the gas shocks would have enough strength to hold the lid open

I only use a rail like that during my time out to hang my lures if I change something out. I sort of use it as a clothes line to dry out before putting them back in their correct location (spinner bait box, plano box, bait wallet, ect). A labled Rubbermaid Storage containers for bagged soft plastics seems to have worked for me for years. I wouldn't want anything hanging in there for any length of time during the hot periods of summer to ruin plastics or deteriorate skirts.

I have 3' of Baitbars on each of my rod boxes. Each foot holds 13 jigs/spinners so for me having almost 80 jigs hanging does free up tackle space for me. The bar does also help the baits dry and keeps the skirts from getting sticky from laying in a plastic box. I also never had anyone tell me that their shocks did not hold up the box from the weight. If you have any questions let me know.

i have them on my rod compartment...1994 tf 190....they work great for my "plan of attack' keeping backups to the lures I already tied on so I can quickly replace a break off.:cool:

Just ordered a couple for Johnnys' birthday gift. Oh, and BTW, John, the fellow from BaitBar did an AWESOME job making us a hatch box and his prices are very reasonable. Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks guys. I think I will order some and try them out.

I like the idea of having baits easily available during a tourney.

I have the Bait Bars in my boat. Two things I really like:

1) Easy access to favorite spinnerbaits and jigs during a tournament.

2) I hang them on the bar after use. This is great for drying. Keeps them from rusting when I threw them in my storage box or cup holder when wet.

No worries on the items weighing you lid down. Not enough weight to matter.

Highly recommend.

Latest posts

Back