Does anyone here do any fly fishing?

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I was going through boxes of stuff that I have been storing for a LONG time this evening, and I came across a bunch of popping bugs, small crab looking lures, and a little piece of nicely folded up tin foil with some flies in it.

The popping bugs and mini-crabs came from a store a LONG time ago when I decided that I wanted to try fly fishing. I never got the hang of it, and sold off all of my equipment besides the bugs and crabs.

The little tin foil... that's another story. A very long time ago, an elderly woman's husband had passed away. She came over to her back fence one day (our back yards faced each other), and asked me to come take all of her husbands old fishing stuff from the garage before she "threw it all to the curb". I offered several times to pay for it, but she wouldn't hear of it, and refused when I persisted. She told me that if I didn't take it, she would just throw it out, and she wouldn't accept anything for it. In a tackle box, along with some other lures (that I'm about to post pictures of soon), was this little tin foil folded with the flies inside. I almost threw them out because I didn't realize there was anything inside the foil, but I'm glad I took the time to open it.

The deal is - I have absolutely no use for these, and I'm not sure what types of flies these even are. If you are a fly fisherman and can use this stuff, I'll send it to you.

All the best,

Glenn

Bubby,

Would you be interested in these?:

DSCF1439.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1440.jpg

If so, send me your mailing address and I'll get them in the mail on Monday.

All the best,

Glenn

I learned to fly fish before i could even cast a baitcaster..I have always enjoyed It..I really caught some monsters when I lived In Okeechobee..I don't do much anymore,,I think anyone would like It once they try It...Even the small ones are a fight...I gave my stuff to my nephews so they could learn..Good of you Glenn...JR

Glenn, yes I would like to have them!!! I also would like to pay shipping. Let me kmow.

Gilbert Scales

2848 Dove Ave.

Marrero, La. 70072

Thanks,

Bubby:)

Bubby,

They will be in the mail tomorrow. Don't worry about the shipping. I'm just glad to know they are going to be put to use. Hope you catch plenty with them!

All the best,

Glenn

The only fly fishing I've done lately is through the layers of clothing outdoors after too much coffee. :lol::lol::lol:

I know, I know...TMI, TMI, TMI,...:lol:;):D

Glenn, thank you!! They will be used, we are a couple months from the perfect time here.

Bubby:)

Bubby,

They went in the mail today at lunchtime. Should be to you mid-week.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back