Do Cabela's Cross Member Guide-Ons (Low-profile) work for Nitro NX882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Jobe

Reaction score
My Nitro NX882 only has an inch or so lee-way to either side when loading onto a single axlew Trailstar Trailer with side steps. I'm thinking about getting the Cabela's Cross-member Guide-Ons (low-profile) for accuracy when loading, but they are ~$280/pr and did not want to be out return shipping if they don't work. Bradford Marine in NLR & HotSprings,AR are of no help at all in the matter. I like the looks of the low-profile as compared to the pole/post type where some have lights at the top (I can see the benefits to these) Anyone have another alternative to the low-profile?

NitroJo

[email protected]

You may wish to try and load your rig a bit shallower than you are currently, if you're experiencing aft float when loading, causing the side to side sway. On your trailer, if you'll use the rule of thumb, 1/3 of your bunks in the water, 2/3 out after dampening (back down to wet then pull up to fender tops), you should find the aftermarket sideboards completely unnecessary. Good luck! ;)

Oh, and yes they will work, but I don't recomend them on your trailer. Like racing tires on a baby buggy. Cool, but not needed. :D

I do as Dan suggests. When you get the trailer just right, the boat will settle on the bunks with no problem.

Latest posts

Back