DNA switch panel or CPU

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Mc

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Nitro CDC (center console). Last season I was having trouble with the switch control panel. At various times I didn't have one or more of these functions: running lights, bilge pumps, horn or live well functions. Sometimes some of them would work, sometimes all of them, but mostly none of them.

I live 500 miles from the nearest Nitro dealer. I called a Bass Pro and talked with a service person and was told that either the function switch panel was bad or the DNA CPU was bad. I asked if I could send them the switch and the CPU so they could test it but they said they couldn't test the computer or switches without the boat. Anyone else have this problem, and how did you fix it.

Before you go to all that trouble, I would first check what you can yourself. You could get lucky and it is a loose or bad ground or a connection in the dash itself. Time to get upsidedown in your boat and start tracing wires. I'm also sure that there are other companies that could test the panel(s) without the boat going all the way to the dealer. Keep us posted.

TOXIC

Many times when these symptoms are experienced, you'll note better performance of the items while the big motor is running and the alternator is thumping juice load out through the system. That usually leads me to believe there's a restriction in power under draw from the main leads at the cranking battery. First thing I would check is the tightness of the connections there, amount of corrosion (zero preferably) and inevitably the guage size of the leads from the cranking battery to the master fuse panel at the helm. They have been known to be rigged too small for the load drawn, especially over time and corrosion impedance. I'd beef them up to a 10 guage minimum (8 would be even better) to carry the load and supply the demand for all the accessories bridged off of it. Check all the connections involved for a good, tight, corrosion free fit and at any signs of weakness (charring, melted heat shrink, etc.) replace that connection with a fresh one. Dab every single inspected and secured connection with dielectric gel and you should see a noticeable improvement on all power drawn at the helm. Good luck! ;)

Sorry guys but I have been upside in the boat all last summer and fall. I checked all ground and all other connections. Unfortunately the only option is to take it in to a Tracker dealer which in mot cases is a Bass Pro. We have a couple of Tracker dealers within 200 miles of me but never of them understand this electronic component. I took the switch on the dash, the switch on the front of the boat and the computer to Bass Pro in Phoenix hoping they could test it for me. They weren't very helpful with trying to diagnose the problem. They told me the only way they could test it was to take the old one out and to plug a new one in. Since I didn't drag my boat 600 miles, I simply bought a new one at $500+ and brought it back with me. I will plug it in and hope that is the problem. If that isn't the problem, I will put it up on Ebay and hope to get some of my money back. I really don't understand why they would put such an expensive and complicated component in this boat. I really don't understand why they don't have a way to check the thing out and I don't understand why they seem to be the only ones who use this kind of electricial system. The manufacture website doesn't give you any information that would be helpful and they don't offer a service to send it back for testing.

I see that I'm about 7 years late to this party, but I am a brand new Nitro owner of a 2006 911 CDC and, as of right now, regretting every single aspect of it. I need a center switch panel too, and I called the main office and they told me, get this, they do not keep parts longer than 5 or 6 years. Let that sink in.

I replied: "So, you're telling me that your answer to every single person who owns a 6-year old boat that when they need a part, your answer is that they need to throw away their boat and buy a new one?" She then connected me with a "parts counter" number that went to voicemail, and i've never received a return call.

Does anyone have any information about how to obtain a Center Switch part number 118125CS? Thanks!

I see that I'm about 7 years late to this party, but I am a brand new Nitro owner of a 2006 911 CDC and, as of right now, regretting every single aspect of it. I need a center switch panel too, and I called the main office and they told me, get this, they do not keep parts longer than 5 or 6 years. Let that sink in.

I replied: "So, you're telling me that your answer to every single person who owns a 6-year old boat that when they need a part, your answer is that they need to throw away their boat and buy a new one?" She then connected me with a "parts counter" number that went to voicemail, and i've never received a return call.

Does anyone have any information about how to obtain a Center Switch part number 118125CS? Thanks!
Robert, I have a 2006 911cdc also.Bought in 2009 and have had very few problems until recently. My cpu smoked out on June 11th 2018 and I just recieved a new one from Bass Pro after calling White River Marine @ 417-873-4355 to get the correct part number. I have just installed it and now my center switch lights up as normal but the accessories only work for a second then cut off. I am calling WRM on Monday to see if they can help with that. If they have availability on the center panel I'll post back here.

Robert, I have a 2006 911cdc also.Bought in 2009 and have had very few problems until recently. My cpu smoked out on June 11th 2018 and I just recieved a new one from Bass Pro after calling White River Marine @ 417-873-4355 to get the correct part number. I have just installed it and now my center switch lights up as normal but the accessories only work for a second then cut off. I am calling WRM on Monday to see if they can help with that. If they have availability on the center panel I'll post back here.
Hey Don, after a long hiatus, I find myself still needing this part, and I re-read your response. Did you ever get what you needed? If so, any suggestions on where I can go? Thanks!

Sorry guys but I have been upside in the boat all last summer and fall. I checked all ground and all other connections. Unfortunately the only option is to take it in to a Tracker dealer which in mot cases is a Bass Pro. We have a couple of Tracker dealers within 200 miles of me but never of them understand this electronic component. I took the switch on the dash, the switch on the front of the boat and the computer to Bass Pro in Phoenix hoping they could test it for me. They weren't very helpful with trying to diagnose the problem. They told me the only way they could test it was to take the old one out and to plug a new one in. Since I didn't drag my boat 600 miles, I simply bought a new one at $500+ and brought it back with me. I will plug it in and hope that is the problem. If that isn't the problem, I will put it up on Ebay and hope to get some of my money back. I really don't understand why they would put such an expensive and complicated component in this boat. I really don't understand why they don't have a way to check the thing out and I don't understand why they seem to be the only ones who use this kind of electricial system. The manufacture website doesn't give you any information that would be helpful and they don't offer a service to send it back for testing.
Hello. I realize I'm asking a question 9 years after the post, but did you ever get satisfaction?

Latest posts

Back