Dirt Daubers in Engine Cowling

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassn_Man

Reaction score
If you live in the south, you have had to deal with Dirt Daubers. Last spring I discovered their tel tale dirt tracks going into the two vent holes in my Mercury 115 engine cowling. I was able to remove about 2 pounds of nests & then looked for a way to eliminate/deny them access. A golf tee top fit almost perfectly in the hole. No more problem, except to remember to remove them before I pull out of the garage.

That is one way. I tape up (blue painters tape) all openings when I let it sit for any length of time in the summer.. This includes water intakes on the foot, the prop exhaust area, the tell-tell, water flush access, and the air openings on the coil.

That is one way. I tape up (blue painters tape) all openings when I let it sit for any length of time in the summer.. This includes water intakes on the foot, the prop exhaust area, the tell-tell, water flush access, and the air openings on the coil.
You get the cigar Tim! Your method is better & quicker. My golf T idea worked good, but they discovered the larger openings after I stuck the T's in the openings. Your idea works well, comes off quickly, definitely keeps them out. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back