Didn't buy the 2011

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven evans

Reaction score
Well fella's when I got there to pick the boat up Friday afternooon it looked like hell. Needless to say I was very unhappy. They had 2 weeks to get it right. I was told that when I looked at this 2011 boat that it would look like a showroom boat when I picked it up. It was not. It was horrible. I had originally picked out a 2012 with a 225 Optimax before I started the process on buying the 2011. So I went with the original one. It was late Saturday before they finished the prep on it. About to take it out for the first time this morning.

I'm trying to post a pic of it but i can't get it to upload. What am I doing wrong?

something is wrong with the site today. I can't upload photos and it won't let me sign out.

You got to be kidding me?????????? After all your anticipation!! I'm pretty even tempered but I would be frothing at the mouth like a mad dog. Have you signed the papers yet on the 2012? I'd be all over them on that one. Inspect it like a DI in boot camp.

fatrap

Well the 2011 had been sitting outside. The carpet was buckled, the top cap was faded, the toggle switches at the bow were missing, and the RPM and Speedometer were missing. These are things that were wrong when I first looked at it. Also when I first looked at it the salesman promised me that everything would be new when I picked it up. He said it would "look like a showroom floor boat". I was going to save about $4500 on the boat. It had every feature I wanted plus a little more. I had reservations about it but I told them to go ahead on it. So I left 2 days later and went offshore for 14 days. Come time to pick it up, the hull was shining and the console had new gauges. They had just mounted the new 2012 250 Pro XS on it the day before. These were the only things that were up to par. The carpet was still buckled and they had made a homemade hand cut plastic plate to mount the switches on the bow. When I asked about these 2 items the reply I got was "oh that's about all we can do with that." Needless to say I really lost my composure. The redneck in me raised it's ugly head. Come to find out they had only started doing any serious work on the boat the day before I picked it up. They had 17 days to work on it. They really started trying to please me when I was walking out of the door. After much cussing and discussing we came to a good agreement on the 2012 Z8 with 225 Opti that I had originally picked out. I had a bad feeling about the 2011 boat when we started making the deal on it. I guess that's what I get for trying to save a few dollars. I took it out for the 1st time yesterday and I am highly pleased with the boat.

Pretty sad that's there is a lot of dealers that make a habit of this kind of stuff:angry:

Well I DID buy the 2011 (Z6) but I went through "Dealer Hell" to get it (and to get it the way I wanted it). I won't mention the dealer, Choplin Marine, Sanford NC, but they went out of business 3 weeks after I picked up my boat which gives you some idea of how they conducted their business practices. I'll spare you my horror story and just wish you luck instead.

Latest posts

Back