Depth finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassfisher

Reaction score
Hello,
I have 90 Nitro 185TF just got trying to go through it finding out what is what before taking to lake. I noticed that I have a Eagle DF on bow of boat but was not hooked up to TM, did not see anything on rear of boat either trying to find out where transducer was? I noticed a wire going under floor drain in boat, took off cover and there laying was transducer, was not glue down or anything just sitting. So now I know. Looking at wire to unit has a break in don't think I will try to get new one for it. Probably just get a couple of new ones as time and money goes.
Can anyone recommend a couple of inexpensive units as $$ is a factor that I look at? Like one at drivers seat tell me what depth I am setting at and one for the TM. Note I don't tournament fish, I need some basics, depth, temp, structure. Looking to spend under $200 on each.
Here is a picture of what I found,
Thanks

Attachments

• transducer.JPG
    transducer.JPG
    369.2 KB · Views: 28
Probably the best for the price…. It’s nothing special but will give you a little more than depth. Also a easy install.

Attachments

• C471166D-2F7E-4664-B063-882B2BD7C067.png
    C471166D-2F7E-4664-B063-882B2BD7C067.png
    371.8 KB · Views: 22
I can understand not wanting to drop serious $ on a sonar units, I can tell you from previous experience throughout the years you will not be happy. I have a Lowrance Hook2 7 SplitShot on the dash, along with a Hook2 5 SplitShot in the boat. I will be mounting a Hook2 4 or maybe a Hook2 7X on the bow, with the transducer on the TM.
At the bow of your boat I would have the Hook2 4 and at the dash I would have at least a Hook2 5 SplitShot. This way you would have GPS navigation,preloaded lake maps, and down imaging, besides regular sonar. You also be able to insert a navionics chip to expand lake(s) coverage. You could have all this for right around $400

Agreed. Spend the money up front to get something decent… even if you have to wait a little while. I have two HELIX units on my boat and they are head and shoulders above the el cheapo units I had on my boat.

Agreed. Spend the money up front to get something decent… even if you have to wait a little while. I have two HELIX units on my boat and they are head and shoulders above the el cheapo units I had on my boat.
What type of Helix do you have?

I can understand not wanting to drop serious $ on a sonar units, I can tell you from previous experience throughout the years you will not be happy. I have a Lowrance Hook2 7 SplitShot on the dash, along with a Hook2 5 SplitShot in the boat. I will be mounting a Hook2 4 or maybe a Hook2 7X on the bow, with the transducer on the TM.
At the bow of your boat I would have the Hook2 4 and at the dash I would have at least a Hook2 5 SplitShot. This way you would have GPS navigation,preloaded lake maps, and down imaging, besides regular sonar. You also be able to insert a navionics chip to expand lake(s) coverage. You could have all this for right around $400
This for each?

This for each?
No
The Hook2 4 is around $99
The Hook2 5 Reveal SplitShot with US inland maps is $349, I've seen them on sale for $300, do not get the 5X as it does not have built in GPS Chartplotting and maps The Hummingbird Helix's are nice units also.

I have a HELIX 9 at the bow and a 7 at the console. I'll be upgrading to two SOLIX units with Live Imaging soon, so the HELIXs will be for sale in the not-too-distant future.

Latest posts

Back