Decision regarding the site

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I was very close to closing this site down yesterday. It may still come to that. However, I do realize that many people who are without fault would be penalized.

Instead, I am going to ban four people from the site in hopes of giving NTOWS a fresh start. The ban will last three months, and will be reevaluated after the three months.

Rob LaMoy

Staci (me!)

Teri

Rich Stern

Is this course of action entirely fair? No. Will some people protest and leave? Undoutedly. But I'd rather try this than simply give in to my impulse to close NTOWS down.

My name is on the list because I need an attitude adjustment. My previously even-keeled perspective has been skewed. Rob is my customer. Staci is a friend. I don't know Teri well enough to call her a friend, but she is an acquaintence I do like. I don't enjoy taking this step.

I will continue to respond to emails regarding site functionality issues or problem posters. Depending on how things go, I may ask one or two members to act as moderators going forward.

Further, NTOWS will no longer support local rallies. Members are welcome to use the site's message forum to coordinate their events, but the site will not formally participate in or promote rallies. In my judgement, rallies have led to much of the discontent. Arguments over who, where, how, and when are at the root of much of the disagreeable behavior.

If Staci or anyone else chooses to go forward with a 2005 Kentucky Lake Rally, that's a decision NTOWS has nothing to do with.

Rob, Teri and Staci, I will contact each of you privately regarding this decision.

Rich I am sorry that it has come to this point, and want to thank you for not closing this site. As a government employee, what would I do with my time?LOL

Gene

Rich, I too have noticed a huge change in this sight after the Kentucky Rally. Therefore I am not on this site as much as pre-rally times. I'm glad the site is not getting closed yet as it is still very valuable to everyone. Rich, looked forward to fishing with you at this year's Rally but decided not to go a long time ago. Send me an email if you ever come up to NC, sure would like to fish with you.

Rich,

Thanks for giving the site a second chance. Like many others here, I lurk more than I post.

I also lurk on a number of other boards due to my job in the boating/fishing industry. But that is all for work. When I want to check up on my friends, this is the place I come to.

This board is unique. Although there may be some differences, this is without a doubt the friendliest board I have come across. Friendships happen here. We celebrate together when someone has a birthday, a new family member, a new boat or a tournament win. We pray together when someone asks for help. We grieve together when someone loses a friend or a family member.

I hope that the decision to temporarily ban folks will allow the controversies to end and that the site will remain open. I for one would miss it tremendously.

Thanks again Rich, for everything.

Sue

Fair enough. Good analytical decision Rich.

I have stayed out of this because I feel the site needed to evolve naturally. Do I agree 100%?....No, but I agree something had to be done because the overall populous was getting irritable and I was seeing those who have a lot to contribute, moving away from the board. I agree fully on the rally issue, it was a source of malcontent. There is no "official" rally and since no one here is directly associated with Tracker Marine management, there shouldn't be. I have met some FANTASTIC people here and hope to continue to do so. I believe this site is a model for others to duplicate and felt that there were too many "distractions" and personal disagreements that were affecting the overall atmosphere. We need to stop the polarization of the members. You know, this is what happens to a lot of bass clubs. I think it is salvagable.

TOXIC

I hear ya' Gene;) And I'll second the Thanks for Rich not shutting it down. I have a lot of fun here(hopefully at NOONE'S expense) and learn a lot from this group.

It's STILL a great site Rich and Kudos dude:)

TEE

As usual, Rich has thought through his actions, and made some changes. I'm certain that it was a tough thing to do in many ways, and from many perspectives.

I hope to remain a contributor here, as I too have enjoyed the friendships, and have certainly learned alot about boating, fishing and the like.

Tex

Very well said Sue. I don't say much but would miss the site a lot as I check on it & friend in spirt 4 or 5 times a day. Thanks Rich for giving us another try.

Thank you for your decision to continue with the site. While I am not a frequent contributor, I do enjoy the comments and really appreciate all of the help when I present a question.

I have not followed recently to make a comment of the events (you'd think someone unemployed would have enough time to read the messages all the time...on top of that I'm not even fishin all the time).

Perhaps someone with the wherewithal could start a site/board strictly about rallies, etc. This might give those involved a venue for their concerns.

Thanks again for all you have done with this site and allowing us to seek not only information, but also friendships with others of the same interest.

Steve Flattem

Thank you for your decision to continue with the site. While I am not a frequent contributor, I do enjoy the comments and really appreciate all of the help when I present a question.

I have not followed recently to make a comment of the events (you'd think someone unemployed would have enough time to read the messages all the time...on top of that I'm not even fishin all the time).

Perhaps someone with the wherewithal could start a site/board strictly about rallies, etc. This might give those involved a venue for their concerns.

Thanks again for all you have done with this site and allowing us to seek not only information, but also friendships with others of the same interest.

Steve Flattem

Thanks Rich for keeping the board going. Like many I tend to visit this site often but tend to listen more than speak. I've met some really nice people here and hope to meet more in the future. It's also been a great source of information and I'd really hate to see it disappeare.

One thing for sure.... I'll still be around... (sorrrrrrryyyy)... As Rich knoiws I really enjoy this site, and all of its members.

I will read posts as usual..Rich must do what he must do....

I've been a member of this board since May of this year after running across it as a link on my Nitro dealers web site. While I have not posted on it much, have not been to

a Rally, nor met anyone personally on it I have visited it

frequently and found a lot of useful info.

To me the best part is that the info posted here is from a very diverse crowd and very "real" people. We can all read Bassmaster and watch OLN and ESPN but cannot get the same "personal" feel that we can with a post here.

I think it's great and am glad Rich is continuing to put his time and effort into it, perhaps we should all use this as it was intended and use the chat room, private email addresses and telephone for "other" business.

Tom Woodruff

I have no idea what led up to this, but I am very glad that this site isn't shut down. I visit this board many times daily, and it has helped me tremendously in the past. I have a 2000 PT 175 and I consider this board another advantage to having that boat. If I have a problem, I can almost be sure that someone on this board either has experienced the problem, or can help me work through it.

Three chears for Rich

The trouble with being in command is making decisions that not everyone is happy with. Your decision took into account the good for the majority and I appreciate that I am still one of them. Those that will dislike the decision are the suspended individuals. The balance of the membership are glad we still have a place to come home to. So we salute you and if you get your head on right and we might let you back on in time for faux NTOWS New Years eve party. LOL

Thanks Rich

Da Bear

I have been a member of this site for two years

but don't post alot "you learn more listin than

talkin". I have a better boat because of this site.

My fishin still sucks but with the changes being

made maybe I can get more info to improve that.

Thanks Rich & all the members.

GEAUX TIGERS

crawdaddy

I've thoroughly enjoyed this site since becoming a tracker owner - actually it was feedback from the board that convinced my to buy my tin can. Love it and this message board. Great source of info. Though I understand your difficulties - I work with an alumni site that has had similar problems.

Rich,

I too thank you for not shutting the site down. This is one of the few places on the internet that I visit almost daily.

I thank you as well. Although I am no longer a Nitro owner, I enjoy having a place to come and see people actually trying to help other people and make friendships rather than seeing who they can rip today. Make it a quick sabbatical for you.

Rich....you have made a difficult decision and my hat's off to you for trying to do the right thing. As you can see in this one thread, many of the silent majority have posted that have not in a long time in support of YOU and the board. No doubt it has been a benefit to all and will continue to do so.

Now to heck with the past....lets get on to fishin' and boatin'. The new leaf has been turned over for the good of all.

Lamar

I'm glad the site is still up also. I have been here for many years. I bought my first Tracker in 2000 and bought my 2nd last January. I have had many questions answered here by both asking and just reading. I don't visit every day and have missed out on the problems that are being discussed. Keep it going Rich. Thanks for all you do!

Thanks Rich,

I thank you for not shutting down the site. I do not have a clue what happened, or do I care. I look to the site, for info on my boat, fishing.

Bubby

Rich,

Thanks for not shutting down the site. Lots of us are

really hooked on in, need it, and get lots of great and helpful info from it!!!

You have provided us all with one of the best Nitro/Tracker 'tools' that we could ever own by being able to share info here.

Mike L.

Thanks Rich for all your hard work-- Thanks to you and the group I've learn alot..Still need someone to show me how to catch fish.--

Thanks and God bless - Rick Hale

It's your site, Rich, and I support whatever moves you need to make to get it back on an even keel. I enjoy this site immensely, except when it gets negative, and especially when the negative gets personal.

I'll do my best to only post about Tracker boats and fishing, and when I think I can be helpful to a member who has a question about those two issues.

MO

Rich,

Thanks For all of your hard work and effort you have put into this site to make it such a sucess. I love it here. I figured you would come up with the best solution for everybody and I respect you for that for being such a decsion maker.

T.S.

If this site were to be shut down, how would I spend valuable company time, working hard, hardly working ? LOL, Thanks for keeping it up.

Over the years I have been a part of this site in some form. I've tried to help people out, be funny, but mostly I've learn from the contributors. As it went on this site began to see "high caliber" posts from people in the know and the access to information was phenominal. However, due to a few people, things have been getting out of hand. We (collectively we are all part of this site) have even managed to scare away some people employed by Tracker, which is a shame considering that user to manufacturer contact is somewhat unheard of in htis industry. We have also managed to push our comments of another particular Tracker employee damn near close to harrassment charges.

As well we have managed to "piss off" each other in so many ways I can't count them.

Having said all this Rich is demonstrating another of his professional qualities as an administrator and making a firm decision. I believe that this is for the best of the site and I support him 100%. I'm happy the site is up today, just like many I don't post as much as I used to, especially in light of all that has happened, I didn't want to get mixed up in all of it. However I visit a few times a day a read most of the many posts.

I hope to see the site revert to what is was intended, with of course, the friendly atmosphere it has seen develop over the years.

thanks Rich, I don't think people realize just how much work and effort you really put into this for us.

Pierre

Wow Rich,

I have no idea what has led to this as I've been fairly busy this summer, but whatever it is, I want to thank you for keeping this site up, although I don't check in as much as I did last year, it's not due to lack of interest, or any problems with any members, it's due to lack of time.

On a personal note, I have no problems with Rob, Teri, Staci,and,of course, yourself, and hope when this little "time out" is over, that all 4 of you are back!

I have learned much from all 4, about life, fishing, boating, patience, an insight into tournament fishing, and tolerance of other's views and lifestyles. I wish them well and hope all 4 of you hurry back on here, and thanks Rich for not shutting it down! Best to everyone, egMike

GOOD JOB Rich. Even though you won't read this due to your self imposed suspension, thanks for all of the time and energy that this site must require. I would hate to see it go away. It is a valuable resource not only for owners of Tracker Marine products, but also for boat owners and anglers in general.

I agree with others in the silent majority, it seems that most(if not all)of the the problems around here were caused by a select few. As far as I am concerned, other than yours, make the suspensions permanent. I will not beg any one that has left on their own to come back. In the future, I will only read/reply posts from people that do not cause problems. If everyone would do this, the problem children would get the hint and this won't turn in to another BFHP.

Thanks again for the site and thanks to all of you that want to make this the best site on the net. I have learned so much here since signing on in Jan.04 with the purchase of my P/T185.

Latest posts

Back