Dealer Parts Dept Help! Am I crazy?

• Thread starter Marvin McLellan
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just had my first very "concerning" phone contact with the Nitro dealer in BPS-Springfield MO.

I am trying to repair, replace some cosmetic stuff associated with my recent 896 Savage purchase. First I was told that any structural part ie/ Dash faceplate, glovebox...for a model over 36 months old is no longer carried by Nitro....You've gotta be kidding me?

Some of the adhesive letters on the back of both stock butt seats have come off. Now the seats say "N t o

I was told I have to purchase new seats in their entirety at $100+ per seat? It this true?

Can't the letters from a 2002 butt seat work? Aren't these available? They are just adhesive raised plastic letters?

Please, someone tell me that this is not reality and that I am not just halucinating about what my future dealer/mfgr relationship is going to be like!

Thanks helping this very concerned new Nitro owner!

NE,

I'm not entirely surprised that they (the BPS dealer) might not carry such items... but that doesnt mean the main factory can't get them...I would bypass a BPS alltogether...

For the seats, I would think any years would work, or just take the stickers off completely...

For the dash/moldings, if the main factory cant help, perhaps other years would fit, or call some of the older/more established boat dealers... chances are you'll probably find something...

That reel is sweet! Now I wish I had bought both of them from ya!

I don't have my phone book with me, but one of the ladies at the repair center was wonderful when I needed no longer stocked parts for my 1996 Nitro 2000DC. She called the factory that made them and got them for me.

Latest posts

Back