Deadsticking Bass in a tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score
Fishing a charity event this weekend and was told "traditional bass tourney rules". Since I don't usually fish bass tourneys, I have a question. Would leaving a deadstick in a rod holder with a tube or worm out drifting bottom while I'm casting another rod be legal in a bass tourney?

Probably not. I think most rules state one rod at a time.

Eyes - In the tourney's i've fished (most guys will give you more detail) its one rod at a time, must be in your hand, no rod holders, no trolling...

Trep

Yep, Trep and Harpo pretty much nailed it....

bass rules say one lure in the water at a time, no trolling. But drifting is allowed?

BF

Drifting is allowed as long as you are not trolling or have the boat under power. I am pretty sure you can leave a lure out while "re-positioning" your boat with the TM but cannot "troll" with the TM.

TOXIC

In our club, the rule is "Only one line in the water at a time". This prevents one from getting snagged, layng that rod down, and cast another rod to the area.

RoyC

Thanks. Geez, bass fishing is no fun. LOL Makes me really appreciate walleye fishing. Two rods per person, two lures per rod out there trolling. If any of you have never experienced the thrill of having two, three, or four fish on at once. Two 5-6# fish on one rod with an inline planer happened to me once. :blink: You've gotta try it sometime! :)

Latest posts

Back