Dead Cranking Battery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have a new 2021 Z19 sport I love the boat, but have a few quirky thing I need to learn about this boats operation, one of them being is that I accidently left the power on over the weekend when I went out to start up this morning the crank battery was dead, I was wondering that if I was to run shore power to the Trolling Motor outlet charger would that charge the crank motor battery also, or do I need to pull the battery and put it on a trickle charger.

Plug in the charger and see how many red lights you see, then count how many batteries you have. They should equal, if they don't then you probably have to charge the starting battery separately.

You should get in a habit of charging batteries after every outing. This is an old rule, I don't know if this pertains to the new lithium's.

Yes, charge it for a day and check level of charge! If you see that it is charging then let it charge for three or four days!! If the battery is very low it can take DAYS to bring it up. If you need to, take it to a battery place and have them put it under a load! It will tell you if it can be charged or not.

I have the same boat and did pretty much the exact same thing. Tripped the power rocker switch while putting the boat canvas on. I just plugged in the on board charger for a day. The battery charged up with no problems in the last two years. The battery is perfectly good. Standard battery not lithium.

Your boat has a main battery switch, it's the red square box in the battery compartment, switch it off every time you leave the boat unattended. The same goes for the trolling motor power cutoff switch that should be gray or beige in color with a lever down for power to the motor up for power cutoff. Then lock the compartment. That crappy button on the dash that claims to be a power cutoff switch just cuts off power to thing attached to the fuse box and is as useless as crap, my button went dead after the second year on opener day. The relay went bad. I'm just replacing it with the old fashioned mechanical switch. The touchscreen controls on the new Nitros was a big mistake. Lowrange did it right with their HDS Live units by adding the ability to use both touchscreen and manual controls. I believe it was Garmin with their big expensive marine chartplotters that found out that touchscreens don't work well when wearing gloves and when the screen is wet.

Latest posts

Back