Dashboard glovebox access

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Given

Reaction score
So frustrating. I can’t open the access door to the glovebox. There’s a radio/cd player in there…I’ve seen it! I’ve tried the key lock in in both positions. The boat is an 06 and I’d hate to snap the plastic.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 118BE3A3-0E81-449F-8758-A21521F75010.jpeg
    118BE3A3-0E81-449F-8758-A21521F75010.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
try sliding a flexible piece of plastic that will bend around the latch and push the latch down, there should be enough play to do this. Then figure out the problem.

Rain the next two days. Boat’s covered. But I’ll give that a shot. Thanks!

More than likely you will need to either drill the lock cylinder out or take it to a locksmith and let him pick it. If the cylinder is locked I highly doubt sliding a piece of plastic will help.

I don’t think it’s the cylinder. The key turns freely (enough resistance to feel something moving). I think there’s supposed to be a spring action to the button. Thanks for the thought re locksmith. I might call one and ask.

Try some WD-40 for the heck of it and maybe press the door in a little as your trying to open it. Sounds like some binding going on.

"try sliding a flexible piece of plastic that will bend around the latch and push the latch down, there should be enough play to do this. Then figure out the problem."

If the plastic doesn't work, bend a stiff wire into a hook shape and see if you can get it behind the latch.

If the plastic doesn't work, bend a stiff wire into a hook shape and see if you can get it behind the latch.

Good Idea.

Latest posts

Back