Cyberflex baits

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
Guys,

Got a question, watching Shaw on OLN he is fishing with Cyberflex baits. I have some of those but I find it difficult to rig them on wide gap mustads and jig heads, the seem to slide down the shank and its almost impossible to get them over the lead stoppers on lead head jigs ( ie: jaw jacker , DOA, Strike King I have tried them all.. any tips...

thanks brian

I've used them with some sucess. I have never tried them with a jig head however. I like to use the lizard with just enough of a split shot to make it sink with the split shot about 6 or 8 inches up. It makes the lizard float tail up looking like it's getting ready to raid a nest. I've have also had good luck with the cyberflex salt craws, Texas-rigged un-pegged. With a 2/0 or 3/0 light wire hook the craw will float up a little and then retreat when you work it in. I will usually dip the claws in a little Spike-it. If the baits slip down on the hook just use a drop of super-glue to hold it into place.

Harpo

Are you having success with the Spike-it to dye those baits? I havent....

Mini

Yeah, it seems to work okay. I'll use chartruse on the tail of a watermelon lizard and red on the claws of a chartruse or watermelon craw. It probably doesn't work as good as regular plastic but it does work.

Harpo

I tried some last summer carolina rigging for smallies after a friend gave me a pack. I dont have lots of confidence in them yet. I lost a lot of fish using them in the two days i tried them. I noticed the bait bunched up on the hook whe nthe fish bit and he stuff is so tough the hook wouldnt go all the way through. I do like the toughness but i hate loosing fish, ill stick to my Yum's and Zooms for now.

Mini Spike-it makes a special dye for these baits. I saw some at Northern bass last time i was in. Check this link to Spike-it.
http://www.ispikeit.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&subcat=10&cat=CyberGlo

My experience is to skin hook the tip of the hook in the bait so it doesn't have to come through the bait when setting the hook. the bait is so stretchy that it seems to stretch before letting the hook come through. I use more ZOOM plastics than anything with alot of success.

Use some fishing glue to hold the baits to your jig heads. Just a little dab and hold the bait in place for about 20 - 30 seconds.

Same here.. I use allot of Zoom baits as well. You cant beat a Super Fluke. Thats my go to bait.

I use them when I want the bait to float up a little. Otherwise I use Zoom and Culprit mostly. Yes, you do have to bring the hook all the way through and leave it slightly exposed because the cyberflex will heal itself over the hook. They're not perfect but I feel they do have their place.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back