CT River

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
This September I am fishing the TBF Eastern divisional on the CT River as part of the NYTBF state team. I have never been there but have heard it is a very difficult fishery. This actually pumps me up as the other 2 times our state has traveled to difficult fisheries - I won our state and advanced to nationals. That being said, if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like for our state to do well also. If you have info, please e-mail it to me. Jet boats are not allowed so I doubt anyone will go beyond the Hartford bridge unless they intend to destroy their rig!

Im going to assume that you are launching at Riverside Park? If so i would head as far north of there is a could without wrecking my boat. I have only fished a couple of tournaments there but both of them were won up north. I was a non boater both the times i fished there and my boaters ran south and there were no bass down there. Stripers yes but no smallies or largies. That section of river is tidal and the more south you go the more its effected. In Hartford its about a 2' swing from high to low tide. The more north you go the less effect the tide has. Some guys say the backwaters off the river south of hartford have largies, i personally have never seen it.

Thanks Jim.

I've heard about those backwaters also. Also heard that at LEAST 5-6 guys each day will get trapped back there by the tide! Rules state you CANNOT push your boat In to your fish but CAN push OUT! Something I may have to consider. I will definitely be getting tide charts for that week. What color is the water. One guy told me gin clear, another said it's the color of mud.

I think that depends on where you are on the river. I have heard up north it gets clearer but south of hartford where i have been was very dark stained.

Latest posts

Back