****CRACKS IN MY BOAT**** nitro replaced transom twice. what should i do

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J. Said

Reaction score
I have an 03 NX 750. A few years back when the boat was my stepfathers, he noticed some cracks on the transom. When he contacted nitro they had him tow the boat to the bass pro shops in Auburn NY. When it was there they had cut the back of the boat off, replaced the transom section and reinforced it. He told me that they have done this not once but twice already. know i have the boat and it is still in his name and guess what, the transom is cracking again and there's also cracks about 3 feet long on the left side of the hull where the rod locker is. So i called nitro last week and the guy I talked to told me that i have to find out who bass pro sent our boat to get repaired and see what their warranty was. I asked about the hull warranty and he said the boat will only be replaced if its a structural issue. I told him if the back of the boat has been cut off twice and there's cracks on the side doesn't that mean there's structural issues. He said if fiberglass is showing or if there's a crack a half it will be replaced. After he said that I didn't even want to deal with him with the B.S. he was telling me. If you run your finger on the cracks you can feel them because they are raised up. If there wasn't a structural issue in the first place nitro would have paid to have the back of the boat cut off twice and reinforced. If there's a ten year hull warranty the boat should be replaced. Any suggestions on what I should do about this. I put pictures of the cracks in my library. Please take a look and tell me what you thinks. thanks
ilkyuktju.jpg
jmfj,f.jpg
lhghl.jpg
jry,fym.jpg
lhghl.jpg
ilkyuktju.jpg

First step would be to have your Dealer call Tracker for you, present the pictures and see what the response is. The "craze" cracking would need to be evaluated. Is this something that "just" came up, or have they been progressively getting more pronounced and larger as time went on. You should have documented the cracks at the very beginning from the date of "notice", especially if this is where the boat was repaired before.

The dealer we bought the boat from in 03 are no longer allowed to sell nitro boats. It was marine max in NJ. So i don't have a dealer. I know there's one in Worcester which is closer than bass pro. I took the boat over last year and the cracks were always there. i said to my stepfather that i thought you had this fixed and he said yeah but it just keeps cracking and that he didn't want to deal with having to get it repaired again because it was a hassle the last 2 times. Should I call the dealer near me to have them look at it?

I would be the Dealer in Worcester, and if you want to make the trip, I will be happy to look at it for you..:)

Yes it is. I'm here M-F 8-4, if you let me know when you'd like to bring it in, I'll make sure I'm here...:)

OK thanks. I'm working 2 weeks straight and wont be able to get it there till the 28th. i will call to make arrangements. Thanks again

Prediction: I speak from experience because my 929 did the same thing. If I am looking at the pictures right, the cracks in the front portion of the hull are spider cracks and would be considered cosmetic. That's good and bad. Good because it won't affect safety, but bad because it just looks somewhat ugly. I trailered my rig a lot and I ran it in the very cold weather. Both of those facts contributed to a lot of flex and when cold they'll crack. I also had them on the 1 place you would never expect to see them, on the trailing rear end of the hull where the glass is the absolute thickest of anywhere on the boat. I could thump the sides of the boat and it was solid so I knew there wasn't a problem with the stringers. Take it to Bob to make sure there are no safety issues and if not, your going to have to learn to live with them. Fiberglass spider cracks and it's not limited to any one boat brand.

TOXIC

No cracks here....about 80 hours work and 300+ on welder bills and we're good.

FOR NOW!:lol:

Next one will be an Express:cool:

I still want to see an 18 footer with .125 gauge insted of .100. Big diff;)

Alright...enough with the crack jokes!:lol:

:D;):eek::huh::unsure::angry::rolleyes:

Ok, Ok, we won't "crack" any more jokes.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

crack is whack!

I know of 2 Express boats that cracked too Tee.

O.K.....

Owning a Nitro/Tracker is like being on crack.:p

Oh well...I tried:rolleyes:

Mini...I know of a few too BUT, Express made it right;)

Sounds like Express made it wrong if they had similar problems. ;) A possible crack in your theory? :lol:

Ok...how'd we get on the Aluminum thing anyway. Poor guy has a 'glass boat that has "craze" cracks.....or maybe I'm just going "crazy".....???? Couldn't resist.....LOL

You guys have been smoking too much crack!

O.K. subject at hand......

Cosmetic or not? If it's not leaking or falling apart it's cosmetic....right?:rolleyes:

Sometimes owning a boat isn't all it's cracked up to be!

I went Tin and love it!

Randy

Did I say that the name on my motor now says,"Cracker":lol:

Latest posts

Back