Cracked Windshield

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCase

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying the season. IL is cold and grey, no snow but not much for enjoyable fishing!!!!!! I wanted to ask the community, I have a 1998 single console 700 LX. The windshield (plexiglass) has cracked near two of the mounting screws, wondering if anyone can give me an idea where to buy a new shield with the same footprint. Any feedback is appreciated, take care everyone!

TCase

clear epoxy glue and a small piece of sheet metal as a backing and glue the broken piece back n place. If the two broken pieces are on the same side, you can run a strip of sheet metal painted and cover both places.

warm it up before you install, to prevent breakage if it is a little wider than the old one. I installed one on an older boat and noticed the loose fit, so I tightened it loosely and in summer tightened it snug.

Here are my new windshields from UPD. 100% satisfied with them. I recommend UPD for them. These are on a 1996 Nitro, put them on 1 year ago.

Attachments

• New windshields from UPD Plastics..jpg
    New windshields from UPD Plastics..jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
Here are my new windshields from UPD. 100% satisfied with them. I recommend UPD for them. These are on a 1996 Nitro, put them on 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you are pleased with the UPD windshields. I was a little concerned when I tried to navigate their web page. It locked up several times and I thought it was difficult to use. But, I went ahead and order despite my concerns. I got tired of looking at my old cracked and spiderwebbed windshield!
Hearing that you are pleased with their product is good news.

I just ordered a new windshield from UPD Plastics. Their website is a beast to navigate on a phone. My windshield is schedule to be built in the Feb/March time frame. I will post some pics of when it comes in and the install. Hopefully there will be no difficulties.

If you can wait I will be the guinea pig.

https://www.updplastics.com/windshi...Zg69zPF8YzwSidKBVoGaRDsp93JL2g6IaAtwNEALw_wcB
That is awesome and yeah, I'll definitely be interested!!!! Mine is cracked around two of the screws, so ordering a new one is my best option. It is still in place but definitely has a shelf life at this point!

Latest posts

Back