Cracked Stem Cap?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kerr

Reaction score
Last year my fishing partner and I bought a tracker from Tulsa Boat Sales. ( 1st mistake) We got a "DENT & SCRATCHED"
PRO DEEP V17. ( 2nd mistake). The boat leaked from the start. Took the boat to Lac Seul last Aug on a houseboat trip for a week. By the third day a had to rewire the bilge pump so it would run off the aeriator timer so I could get some sleep at night. We survived the week with the boat on the water and when we trailered the boat we found a 14 inch
crack in what tracker later called a stem cap. We returned the boat to the factory at Boliver,Mo. ( 3RD! MISTAKE!)
Was told it would take 2weeks for warranty repair. 7 WEEKS LATER and multiple phone calls and multiple stories we went to pick up our "REPAIRED BOAT". Got home and i could not believe the hack repair job! looked like they used their new hires off the street in the repair department! The boat has now started to leak again! who knows from were we havent been able to locate this leak. I hope no body else has to go through the B.S. from Tracker "CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY DEPT" that I have! Sorry for the long post. Iguess I just needed to VENT! JOHN.

I cannot understand why any company would continue to allow such poor customer service. I have been a c.s. rep for several years (just recently switching fields) and neither of the companies I worked for would tolerate such b.s. I have seen reps fired for such behavior.

I read earlier that there have been management changes and things are changing. Well, all I can say to Tracker management is read this board, apparently things are not changing and it is doing more damage to an already tarnished record.

To any C.S. reps who read this board, let me offer some advice. I know you have a very, very stressful and difficult job. Very few owners call to say that there boat is great and thanks for everything. The folks that do call feel have if they have wasted their life savings and as the voice of Tracker, you are sometimes the target of their frustration and rage. All we as customers want is for you to first listen to our problem without making excuses or explanations. Let us tell you in our way. If you can solve the problem you will be our hero. Please, if you can't say you can't. Broken promises and commitments make matters worse. Most importantly, follow up with your customers. If repairs are delayed, the boat owner would be much more understanding if a call or letter came saying there will be a delay rather than stewing for weeks on end with no information. Don't make a promise you can't keep, and keep the promises you make.

To Tracker Management, if you do not have the staff to make this possible, hire them. Lose a little profit now, rather than a lot when people stop buying the boats because of your reputation. If I would have read this board before buying my 2nd Tracker, I would not have bought my 2nd Tracker. I would have bought a Fisher.

Rich D

Rich D.:
You probably wouldn't be having any better luck with a Fischer. Tracker now owns Fischer. A co-worker bought a Fischer last year and has had nothing but problems. So bad in fact that Fischer will be taking possesion of his current boat and shipping him a brand new one.

Latest posts

Back