Cover for Classic XL with Terrova

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody b

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a cover for a Classic XL with a Terrova trolling motor? Electric steer motors hang over the front of the boat quite a bit. My original cover won't fit. Mrs. B and myself tried to add some material to it but that didn't work. I'm thinking a cover for a bigger boat but wanted to see if anyone else had done this. I've also got my active target transducer sticking up when the motor is stowed.

When I purchased my boat new, I went the EL CHEAPO route which did not work well. I broke down and ordered a custom fit cover made for my boat from DOWCO. This company also makes all the covers for Tracker and Nitro boats. Yes they are not cheap, but are well made from top notch materials and craftsmanship. I just got back from a 1500 mile trip with the boat and had no issues with the cover even at 75+ mph highway speeds.

I got a Dowco cover when I bought my boat new. It fit like a glove before I changed trolling motors. I can still drape it over it, but it won't fit due to the Terrova. I'm hoping someone with a Classic XL and a Terrova will say "use this cover".

I have a 2021 ProV175, with the Dowco cover, with a Terrova 24V electric on the bow. I can still use cover that came with the boat, I just have to take prop off the Terrova. Normal fishing trips I don’t use the boat cover, only on long distance jaunts..but I do use a cover for the windshield that Bass Pro and cabelas sells, and it protects the windshield and stays in place.
Taking prop off takes but a few seconds…and cover fits fine

Latest posts

Back