Couple Q’s On 700 Lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2001 Nitro 700 LX with dual consul about 6 months ago. I never really put much time on the water with it, as my brother and I were using his boat in our tournaments.

I’m looking at setting the LX up to my likings. So far, I got the fish finders and trolling motor I want to run. The boat is in near mint condition, and I’m hoping to keep it that way. So, I’m looking at buying a keel guard for it. I see a 6’ and 7’ option here locally. Which one should I go with?

I’m also looking at updating the steering as the cable is getting really stiff anyhow. I’m thinking about a No FeedBack kit, but I’m not sure which one to get and which length cable.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Please replace your cable before it sticks permanent while out on the water. My 2002 did this to me, it was real hard, then real easy for a minute and then just stuck. I was so lucky, I was just by the canal to the boat ramp and it stuck in an almost straight position. I had to use the trolling motor to get back and then was able to use the big motor after I 'trolled' onto the trailer. I replaced my cable but had to get someone to remount the motor for me. I simply cut the cable by the motor so I could do most of the work removing the old and installing the new and then carefully trailered to a guy to remove motor, install cable in motor, and then remount the motor. The Teleflex site has really good instructions for measuring to get cable length right. Just be careful if you will be lifting the motor yourself.

Also google steering cable maintenance, most do not know annual pm is required along with winterizing

Latest posts

Back