Couple of new tools.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
A few new items out this year that will be in my tackle box....

Booyah Bassinator Spinnerbait

Booyah Pip-Zqueek Buzzbait

Strike King The Burner Spinnerbait (this one I am really intrigued by because of the thin Raz-R blades)

Spro Little John MD (runs down to 9 feet)

I'm sure Toxic can fill you in on these baits;)

What's your gotta haves this year?

Absolutely nothing. Well, maybe that 80 or 101 TM.

ps: cjbasscustomlures.com. best spinnerbaits I've ever used.

If I buy any more baits and put them in the boat it will sink. Unfortunately, the new baits catch more fishermen than they do fish. LOL I cleared out some of my plastics from my inventory and they weighed over 30 pounds.

Only thing I guess I will buy is new line for re-spooling and install the Flow-Rite Pump-Out Aerator I just sent for from Flow-Rite. Just don't understand why Nitro didn't install the pump-out version since the discharge outlet is already installed next to the bilge discharge outlet. I am hoping it is an easy swapout. Should be able to change out existing aerator and install new one in same place and add the additional pump-out hose. Downside is it will be a knuckle buster given the lack of room to work. Any thoughts?

NEVER MIND! Went to the grab bag and found a GREAT set of instructions on how to install. Mine is even easier since I already have the discharge installed in the side of the boat. Thanks for the great article!

A new Ranger Trail Trailer....

New compartment lids....

New charger....

Oh wait you said baits???? lol

I have to have some new BBZ-1 4" swimbaits!!!!

Upon further review [and after seeing Tim's name], I need to get a handful more PB&J jig/trailer setups.

Marty,

I wouldn't have a clue why seeing my name would remind you of that!!:cool:

I can't wait for the lake to thaw out so I can hit a few spots that you might remember.

Tim

Yes Tim, I too am anxious for ice-out. Weather has teased us this year up and down as its been, but I think it has settled in now until real Spring comes around.

I dont plan on buying much "new" stuff this year. Just refills on stuff i normally use.

I learned a long time abo whay Bill said about baits catching fisherman more htne fish is true. Im sure in 09 my go to maits will be the same as always, jigs, hoola grubs and spinnerbaits....

Bill,

One thing you may want to look at is where that second outlet is piped to on your boat. You may have a second bilge pump in the boat that is using that outlet. In that case you will want to put in the one that comes in the kit. That areator pump ouyt worked very well for me in the old boat and my Z7 came with one from the factory.

BTW, im the guy that wrote that article in the grab bag, im glad you enjoyed it and found it useful.

Mine are all on the way as we speak.

BBZ1 4inch swimbaits

SPRO Poppin Frogs

New colors of the Bronzeye Frog in botthe the Junior and 65.

New deep diving Little Johns

New Gamakatsu Wacky Head jigs and Skip Gap Shakey Heads

Many new color Senkos especially #318. I personally requested it be poured to the Senko.

TOXIC

Marty, When I get them going you will be the first to know, and are welcome to come back again if you would like. ( as is anyone else for that matter!!)

Toxic, did you get the harbor seal color? I've got $100 BPS gift card burning a hole in my wallet. I can't wait to get to the new BPS in Independence to get my hands on some new toads!!

Jim B, I too love me some Hula Grubs. Mr. Yamamoto did a real good thing there.:cool:

Tim

Jim B - Yes, I knew it was you who wrote the article and I thank you. I did check the second discharge and it does not have anything attached to the end of it. It is a tight squeeze and think I will wear thin walled gloves so I don't pick up fibeerglass splinters sticking my hands in that area or the area around the livewell.

Taking a nod from great minimalists, over the years I have found that less is more, minimalizing my tackle choices for better performance. This has greatly improved my fishing since adopting the philosophy after picking up Charlie Campbell for a BASS T in '96. We had been friends for a few years and got paired up as co's on Kerr Lake. He was holding four rods and a "Snoopy" size tacklebox when I arrived. (Proud and stupid all at once, I told him he could use whatever I have since we were friends. He only asked for help landing fish....repeatedly!) He commenced to putting a whoopin' on me from the back of my boat like I've never seen. I think I spent as much time with my arms in the water cradling a fish to land for him as I did fishing! I worked my behind off stumbling around a dozen rods on deck and digging through a ton 'o s**t in tackle to boat a limit while Charlie sat back there working his craft out of that little box. I saw inside his tacklebox and he had about a dozen assorted plugs, some terminal tackle and some plastic. That was all he needed for the day. We both took checks, but his was a tad bigger, but with much less effort and a lot more focus. I found that most fellas out there for a while have put their blinders on by game day and will nary waiver a bit from their course. It took some time, but I go fishing at home or three states away with the same two bags and handfull of rods. I get all the new toys to play with and experiment, but come time to throttle out from the dock I have the same two bags and handful of rods. It works well in and benefits every boat configuration I've fished out of also. Confidence in what we have chosen is one of the most important tools we can work on for improvement. ;) I'll never stop practicing that!!:D

Tox - I hear what you are saying. I'm not 'quite' down to the two bags, but getting close. I do keep a few other things in my boat, but have gotten to the point where I keep no more than three rods on the deck at any one time. I have tried to police myself, where if I take one out of the box, one goes back in.

First time I went as a non-boater in a Federation Tournament, I just about split a gut carrying the 'one' bag that I took.

The area that I really need to cut back, is my worm bag(s). I've done it, and still trying to minimize as much as possible.

I really am trying to minimize the colors and types of soft plastics, to your point.

Tex

Geeze Dan you are a major buzzkiller!!:lol::lol: As we all know many lures are made to catch more fishermen than fish but I do believe there are "improvements" made that warrant consideration. Just like the Little John by SPRO. I am not a "crank" guy....I will throw one in certain circumstances but it is not one of my "go to" baits. When I got the Little John as part of my SPRO sponsorship, I threw a handful in the boat and that was that. While at the lake one day, Scott Favors asked me about them and I told him that I had some in the boat. He motored up to me and I tossed him one. 4 casts and 4 fish later I was tying one on red-faced!!:lol: Now that they have the deep(er)-diver, it also will be in my boat!! Look at the improvements with hooks....Wide Gap, EWG, Skip Gap, Shakey Head, etc...all improve on an original design. The SPRO Frogs took their original design and added a new feature...the poppin' part. So I guess what I am saying is that I "turn over" baits and tackle on occasion. New colors like the Senko in 318:wub: I am really excited about. I seriously doubt that it will replace my coveted 297:wub::wub: but since I begged that it be poured in that color I hafta believe it is gonna work. I swear when they lay me to rest, there better be a pack of 297 Senko's in my pocket because I know they work equally well in hot or cold water, no matter which way I go!!:lol::lol::lol:

TOXIC

I'm pretty excited too Tox!

This will be my best year yet...watch and see!:lol:

Between last year (Xraps and swimbaits) and the new stuff this year....all I can say is the bass better be runnin for cover with my arsenal!

I've always had TONS of plastics and NO I don't run out and by every new product out there when it comes out.

If your paitent like me and Tox and do a lil' research first and keep your ear to the ground, you'll eliminate those unused baits.

I'm jus sayin'....ya never know!!:lol::lol::lol:

I've been to a Southern Babtist Bible camp and got saved and reborn 25 times before the weekend was over.

I've been saved by a Jehova's Witness through the fence in the backyard.

I was babtized by a Bishop in the Episcopalian Church.

I think I was blessed at a Greek Orthodox service but there was so much smoke from the priest swingin those cans around I couldn't tell.

So, I think I have my bases covered but you just never can bee too sure!!:lol::p

TOXIC

Tox,...after spending a week with you upnorth and 4 MVM's,.....I can pretty much guarantee you that we're ALL goin' to hell...:blink::eek:

:rolleyes:

Express train I think...

Not too much new for me. I will make myself throw a chatterbait more....

I did get new seats though..does that count?

Me too Carlos...I don't those Dale Hollow SM haven't seen too many of those chatters;)

Latest posts

Back