Color of Red

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Man

Reaction score
Oh great fishing wise ones. The sales pitch for red colored fishing line is that it is invisible underwater. So....then why do we use red colored fishing lures???

Dennis

Red is not invisible. I think it is like the first color in the spectrum to disappear at deeper depths. that may be why we se a lot of red cranks that are shallow divers?????? just thinking outloud. I had that same question with the red hook craze too.

although red is the first color in the spectrum to not be distinguishable as a color

it still presents a shade of gray and an object.

a fishes latteral line tells them something is there but in grayscale they cant tell

what exactly it is, so..... my dear watson we can deduct that fish not having hand to

investigate with they use the only tool at their disposal... da da da dum you guessed it their mouth.

non the less a very efective tactic that works.

Fish LOVE the "Red Hot Chili Poppers" :wub:

S&T2011-7Final.jpg

:rolleyes:

LOL I like that Mac! :wub: Pretty cool.

I bought a spool of power pro 30# this year at BPS. When I got home I discovered it was red. I only had a couple hours to get my stuff and head for home so I wasn't paying as close of attention as I shpould have. I'm going to try it out and see what happens.

Gene

Use Pline flouro in clear in clear water, that's as "invisible" as you can get. In murky or stained water, it's not as important. I use green lines or Fireline then and don't have any issues.

Those red, flourescent green, or bright yellow lines, I would bet are highly visible to fish. I stay away from them.

rob,

do you realy think those fish with brains the size of a pea can truely figure out what

fishing line is?

my guess is no.

in the clearest of the clear water i have caught fish on white power pro, yellow power pro, and black fireline.

i just dont give fish that much credit for thinking anything through, bass are like cats move that ball of yarn quick enough and the cat cant resist. do you think he dosent see the string your pulling it with?

i belive bass are just like that and prey and stalk in much the same way.

we as fisherman can learn how to fish for bass from our house cats. go figure;)

joe,

You crack me up. There are days I can catch a ton of bass with a half of a chewed up Senko on the end of a rope that was laying around a barn for 50 years. And then there are days that a bass will just look at a finesse bait on small diameter mono that was ever so gently drifted in front of him and they just swim away.

On a serious note, I use green mono and green Power Pro. Some days are good and some days I'd go hungry if I fished to eat. That's why they sell farm raised frozen tilapia at Costco individually wrapped in the big bag!! Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, bake at 450* in a cast iron pan with artichoke hearts and sauteed onions and garlic!! :lol:

Joe,

I proved it to a FLW tourney director years ago while working for them as a press boat. One day they had me take out sponsors and because the lake was nasty, we stayed in the marina and caught release fish. The water is gin clear as in drinking water. There were smallies everywhere and even after being stressed out from being caught and weighed in, etc, I was able to catch them. My boat was the only one catching them because we were using 6 lb Pline Flouro. Bill jumped in the boat with his KY bubba rig and couldn't get bit. When he switched to my sissy fishing technique.....he started catching. So yes, they can see line and I believe that line wary fish can sense thicker line even more with their lateral lines which is why light lines get bit more.

and cats are pretty stupid....I'm a dog guy!

theres your ansewer guy.

i dont fish any bait less than a 1/2 oz or one the dosent move a a pretty good clip.

the only time i fish a worm is to flip and braid does the trick for them.

you wouldn't catch me fishin 6 lb test on a bet. if the waters to clear run your fancy go fast boat to somewhear it isn't.

but if thats your thing then i guess it matters to you but not to me.

by the way how many dogs do you think could survive in the wild with out humans in comparison to cats?

so cats are stupid because they can feed themselfs and don't have to have a human to survive? just a thought. i'm not emotionaly connected to either.

break out the whopping stick and sling some hogs over the side,opps not you rob your line or rod may break, you'll need to play that fish some.

but all kidding aside rob thats why baskin robbins has 32 flavors because opinons are abound and pepole are sure to want a differnt kind.

i wish you well and hope you catch tons of fish but you'll never convert me to the light side.

Seems to me coyotes and wolves have been surviving just fine for thousands of years in the wild. In habitats that are much harsher than big cats like leopards and lions deal with!

Domesticated, cats have to be fed just like dogs. And dogs would survive longer because they'll eat their own or other's crap so...........

eeeehhhuuuuuu!!!!!

sounds like an endering trait. :huh:

the statement about cat was to make a point i'll not be goated into a game of disgusting oneupsman ship, about such a silly subject.

rob i wish you well but we must discontinue this hijacking of dennis's thread.;)

Latest posts

Back