Cold Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boat4life

Reaction score
Those Elite Pros are having to dress for some really cold temps at lake Hartwell. This morning while practicing, it was 25 degrees with wind.....Friday is first day of competition and temp is forecast to be 11 degrees. But these guys will figure out how to catch those bass.

Humminbird had three spots for Employees to sign up for a chance to go to the Classic and help out - which included boat yard work. I was not one of the three – lucky me!

i have tried fishing under those conditions earlier in my life, it don't take long for the enthusiasm to start draining out of me. LOL
Brantley

I'd like to see them go back to a warm weather classic. September - November would be good.

I'm with you Air Force. Not enough money for putting up with that crap. I did some Navy time close to the artic circle working with a NATO exercise you can have that crap.
Give me 90ties and sunny. Rather sweat than freeze.
fatrap

I mean I like it cool, and maybe in my real young days I could do it - but it wouldn't take long for the wind to be gone from my sails LOL especially if I wasn't catching any to make money on. Yep, September would be better for a classic

It takes less cold and a shorter time out in it for me to have enough. When I worked for Bass Pro everyone was curious why I didn't buy a 100 mph suit for 40% off. Still be close to $200 but I told em I'd never wear it. When its that bad I'm not going. Now you can call that what you want. But I call it smart.
fatrap

LOL - that's right, as momma would say, smart is knowing WHEN to get out of the rain (or cold in this case) :D

When fishing tournaments I wore the 100 mile suite. I have not had it on in 5 years. I like early morning fishing and in the summer I am off the lake by the early afternoon.

Don,
Sounds like we have similar fishing tactics. I'm normal in the water right at sun up and off the water by early afternoon.

Latest posts

Back