Cleaning Advice: Z Series/Merc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am guessing this has been answered in some way or another but maybe not all together so if someone could point me in the right direction or give me some products/methods to employ that'd be great. I have a 2012 Z7 and I'm always looking for the best way to clean/shine two surfaces in particular. The plastic bezel around the gauge cluster and consoles, as well as the Mercury Black, not so much the shroud but the plastic right above the water line where it gets most discolored from exhaust/water sediment, etc. I think it may require some gentle elbow grease but I obviously don't want to destroy the finish of the paint.

Thanks for any help! Mike

Anything Plastic, Vinyl or rubber use 303 Aerospace Protectant. For the plastic shroud, I would use a good cleaner wax first then keep it clean with Bass Boat Saver or Lucas Slick mist.

I use Pure Kleen on the motor it will make it shine like new, removes the water spots and all. Then just follow up with slick mist, but or prefered quick wax. Pure kleen is available from the makers of Pro tec sealant.

I have to agree with TOXIC on this one ..... 303 Aerospace Protectant works great and so does Bass Boat Saver. I Collonite the hull twice a season, use 303 AP on just about everything else, including seats, and just an overall spray with BB Saver on the upper half in between trips to the lake. (mostly to get the Granger Select chew-bacca stains off).

Got the PureKleen by FedEx today. This stuff works better than any of the boat dealer products I've tried. A fine mist and a wipe with a soft cloth and all the water spots on my black Mercury are gone. The shipping costs made it about $20 instead of $12 for the dealer stuff that didn't work, so to me it is a bargain. Thanks for the advice...tony

Glad you liked it.... I order 4 bottles at a time. PureKleen is amazing it keeps my motor show room new looking with just a spray and wipe. Try the Pro Tech sealant on your fiberglass once or twice a year, it's awesome too.

Latest posts

Back