Citgo's out ...it's a start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great news. I was trying to think about which bass fishing tour is affiliated with Citgo as a sponsor. I remember the old Red Man tournament trail would give bonuses to winners that had a Citgo sticker on their engine. I think that transfered over to FLW, right? Who drives the Citgo boat??? Isn't there one out there? I thought I saw it somewhere. I wonder if the owner / tour will turn it into a 7-11 boat? :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Whoopeee! ONE for the GOOD GUYS!

IN YOUR FACE CHAVEZ! Stupid SOB NonAmericancommybastard!:lol:

Minimal impact, if any, on Senor Chavez. It will have more impact on the thousands of Citgo America employees and reduces one more supplier of the gas we all love to burn. Rest assured, he will find a ready buyer for any gas we don't take.

This is not one for the good guys, if we are the good guys, it's a "we poked ourselves in the eye," or "we bit our own lip," or the all time favorite--"we shot ourselves in the foot."

Marty,

With all due respect, that's a tough stance to support. No matter what this little dictator does, he should have no repercussions from the U.S. because he employs Americans?

I say let him find another buyer, the free market will righten itself, and it will set an example about running your mouth on our turf. I personally wouldn't mind if it got painful enough to force us to become more self sufficient.

I do feel for the guys working there, but his erratic behavoir has foreshadowed bad medicine around his interests for years.:angry:

This is nothing more then a marketing move by 7-11 not any sort of in your face type deal...

A very good friend of mine owns gas stations and has told me how this whole thing works. In a nutshell no matter what station you buy from in a specific area you are more of less getting gas from the same "supplier" and they add whatever additives a " brand" uses. for instance my friend owns Exxon stations. His gas comes from the same tanks that the texaco down the street gets his from. The only difference is the truck it comes in and the additive powder they add. He "buys" his gas from Exxon but it really comes from Conaco/Phillips in my area.

What 7-11 is doing is they are changing "brands" but will be getting thier gas from the same local suppliers they always have and in some cases could very well be buying off Citgo. Its not going to "Hurt" citgo one bit. 7-11 is just one of thier many customers, they still have lots of independently owned statons all over the country.

May not hurt them but, sureashell makes me feel better:lol:

Yes it might not hurt them but like Tee says, it makes me feel better and maybe it will make some people think instead of wandering around in the apathetic state that got us into this mess. An Marty, no offense but what the heck does
This is not one for the good guys, if we are the good guys
mean?? If we aren't one of the good guys, just who IS in that club?

Uncle Bill

Jim B. that is what I was trying to get across in my other post. You go to 4 stations on 4 corners right and they are selling the same gas. If sinclair or citgo is the refinery in that area you cannot boycott them. Unless you walk. The regional refinery is suppling all the gas in that area. Like so many products the factory worker sits there and put 500 labels on a product and then switchs labels but its the same product they are putting them on. I worked in a factory that made engine bearings for trucks and cars. Made them for all the american lines. We would setup and run 5000 bearings for the OEM market and then switch the logo stamp from Ford or Chrysler or GM to the aftermarket logo and run 5000 more bearings. They were from the same metal stock and made to the same specs. At the store however they will charge you more for the OEM's. Same thing with gas, same gas different pumps. The money is made at the refinery not the local station also.

This is just a PR stunt for 7-11.

Mike Taft: I never said that there should be no repercussions because he employs Americans. My comments were reactions to "take that" and "that is going to leave a mark." I said that 7-11 getting gas elsewhere would have no impact on Senor Chavez and his end of the Citgo pipeline. What he doesn't send to 7-11 will certainly be lapped up by China for one and any other country that wants gas. I said that if anyone is impacted it would be Americans working at Citgo America--the folks getting paid to move Senor Chavez' gas around. 7-11's move is symbolic at best and Senor Chavez could care less.

Bill Barham/Uncle Billy: We say we are the good guys, but self-annointed acclimations can sometimes be dubious and self-serving honors. The world sees us less and less as the good guys, partly because during our performance on the world stage we often speak with forked tongue, pick and choose when and where we will exercise our "good guyness" muscles, we want everything material but expect others to be satisfied with our gift of democracy while continuing to live in squalor, and the list goes on. "If we are the good guys" is simply a tag line to cause a little introspection. I like to consider things like why are we so willing to go over to Iraq and kick some real ass in the name of democracy, yet within our own borders we are so loathe to stand up and protect ourselves from the enemy within? Why are our actions to exact democratic reforms in Iraq so willingly violent, but so anemic here at home? Sometimes it is just good to question one's assertion of rightness, goodness, etc.

And if anyone is questioning my patriotism, you would be most definitely wrong.

I'm just going to get me a sody pop and some popcorn and sit back and watch this one.

Harpo:D

I've typed and erased several times. I'm not going to do it.... I'm not..... Tempted... But I'm not......OK..... I'm logging off for the night. :rolleyes:

All the best,

Glenn

I'm not jumping in either. It can only go bad. That and I don't know what the heck you're talking about.

Uncle Billy

...yet within our own borders we are so loathe to stand up and protect ourselves from the enemy within?

My only input to this would be that there are people (politicians perhaps?) that are on the "we don't want to hurt anyones feelings" bandwagon and do what's right, like protect our borders.

I'm done :)

Marty,

Nicely articulated post. I agree with most of it. I tend to not put much weight on what the world thinks of us, since I can't recall in my lifetime them ever thinking that much of us no matter what we do. I agree about the inconsistency of some of our actions, but when we do something 'right' finally, even symbolically, I like it. ;)

Latest posts

Back