Chuck Woolery Fishing Equipment

• Thread starter Brian Feist [URL]http://stores.ebay.com/Chuck-Wool
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Feist

Reaction score
I had to pick my daughter up from school sick this afternoon. Since I was home, I started scanning the TV channels and passed by QVC. What did I see but Chuck Wollery (TV Gameshow host) selling fishing lures. This thing looked like a .50 Chinese wind-up toy with a hook attached to it. They wanted like $19 for the stupid thing. It was a real riot to watch. Before I posted this, I went to look for a web link and found his e-bay store. I can't wait to see the demo in the big tank at BPS.

http://stores.ebay.com/Chuck-Woolery-Signature-Products

He was on Beat Charlie Moore with that goofy thing one time. You can only imagine the amount of grief that Charlie Moore gave him. It was hilarious.

Harpo

Funny thing was....stupid thing actually caught fish!:lol:

I proved a point to my buddy with a Budweiser can lure....caught a 4 pounder right in front of him.:p

When the bass are hungry...you could take a piece a chewing gum with the right cadence and probably catch one.

Checked out the e-bay link and it says over a million sold. Can't be too shabby if they've sold that many! And as Tee noted, you never know what will catch fish. Besides, maybe Chuck is an avid fisherman! Can't blame him for that!! I say more power to the guy if he can use whatever fame he's had to pursue other vocations.

Woo Daves is a good friend of his (Chuck W.).....Woo helped him a lot with that bait.;)

I think it would be cheaper to use real frogs. Would rather lose a real frog than a $19 lure.

AND the occaisional bad cast ;)

Yeah I 've lost a spinnerbait or two that way:huh:

Snap!:eek:

Funny story, I had a wind knot in my baitcaster yesterday so I heaved out one of my new Yamamoto spinnerbaits as far as I could cast it and peeled off about another 20 yards of line. The wind was blowing really hard yesterday and the boat drifted while I reeled up. My line went tight and I thought I snagged on the bottom....felt weird though. Got on the TM moved the boat all around and couldn't get it free. One hard jerk and "pop" there it went. Oh well, pulled up the troller, sat down, hammered the throttle and as I came out of the hole, the spinnerbait (3/4 oz by the way) came flying out of the water on a wide arc and slapped me right upside my face. Just about knocked me over!! Obviously, it was tangled in the TM the whole time, just think if there'd been a bass on the end!!:lol: Probably would have knocked me out!! What are the chances of having just the right amount of line to swing it perfectly and hit me in the face!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC

A funny story around here where we have the Pat Sajak Pavilion at the local hospital. Chuck Woolery was supposed to be the host of a brand new show named Wheel of Fortune. He went into Merv Griffin's office with his list of demands. It was Merv' show. Merv excused himself for a moment, left his office, and told one of his aides to get hold of that kid who was doing the weather on WXYZ or whatever it was and that Merv also owned. Well, they signed "that kid" and he has been the host ever since. Pat Sajak of course.

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back