Christmas is over

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Now lets get through the rest of this mess called winter and get on with spring. I don't ice fish anymore.
fatrap

Awww Mike, I feel for ya!! Was out Friday on the Hotside of Anna and had about 15 fish. Air temp 23, water temp 58-65 depending how far up the creeks I ran. It's what keeps me sane in the wintertime. Bad news was I had a frozen bilge when I got to the lake from the last time out. Went to put the plug in and the retainer broke off because it was encased in ice....no problem though, just backed her down the ramp and let the butt of the boat sit in the water for a bit, pulled her out and let her drain then put the plug in. Now I need to order another plug. We are having our annual Hotside get together next weekend as long as the roads are passable.

Hammer
I don't know if I could be in an open boat at 23degrees. Still jealous though.

fatrap/Mike

Fatrap, at least here in Louisiana, we can fish year round. Right now I'm in deer hunting mode! After deer season will head back to fishing. I was stationed in North Dakota and I know how cold it get. I use to watch them guys ice fish on the river. Brrrr! Not for me.
Barry from La.:)

Crappie in 20 - 30 feet of water over brush piles slow rolling a jig, the local barber shop pointed that out to me.

cq

snow1467304_10152915345237355_1609256040_n.jpg ice1526457_10153015407637355_704692327_n.png

Last edited:
You know Tox. When I was working for Bass Pro Council Bluffs I almost bought a 100 mph suit. I could get 40% off. Then I told myself......"self, if it gets nasty enough that I have to wear this thing to fish I'm not going." So far my "self" has been dead on and have used the money for new 10 foot Walleye signature trolling rods and Diawa counter reels. THOSE I have used.

CQ the one photo of the snowman you posted reminds me of fishing a March tournament waaaay back in the day when I was in a bass club. It snowed 10 inches that day and I caught two three pounders on pig n jig in snow so thick you couldn't see the guy in back. It SUCKED.
fatrap

We fished Lake Austin on Thursday with 37 degrees weather and water temp was 58, and we like to have froze. The next day was 55 degrees and was nice fishing weather (little chilly running down the lake) But that IS Texas weather!!!

Latest posts

Back