Choked me up.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
My son turned 8 today. Every year since his birth, we have had somebody at our house visiting. Whether it was my mom and dad, my inlaws, or just a group of friends that had gathered at my house, there was always someone around. This year... nobody. Just me, my wife, and D'Artagnan.

Noon came and he asked "When is everyone going to come over for my party?" :( I tried my best to explain to him that people spend time with their families on Christmas day, and that nobody would be able to come over today. He almost cried. Choked me up. We got past it and he started playing with his Christmas toys when I promised we would hold a party after Christmas break so that his friends could come over.

The doorbell just rang about 10 minutes ago. Some friends of his from down the street came over to tell him Happy Birthday, and to invite him over to their house for a kids Christmas party. They even bought a gift for him. He was so excited, he almost left the house in the pajamas he had been lounging in all day. :lol:

Glad to see him growing up, but I'm going to miss having him as my little boy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

All the best,

Glenn

Very nice. Mine is grown and I'd simply like to 'see him'!

For Christmas we prepared and gave him a digital photo album for his house with all of the pictures that we have (either digital or scanned in) of him growing up. It really brought back all of those memories of him growing up, as we 'watched it in the living room' for about a week before re-packing and sending it to him.

His birthday is on the 23rd of December and when he was about 6 or 7, we started celebrating it on the 15th of the Month so that he had the 'Birthday Experience'. Now that he is grown, we always give/send him his birthday stuff separate from Christmas. Runs in my family I guess, because I found out that my paternal Grandfather was born on Christmas Eve.

Tex

Latest posts

Back