Check out these cool Reg Numbers.

• Thread starter Brian Bell2 [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
I just received my new reg numbers for my boat.. What you guys and gals think?
Picture 016_640.jpg

Thanks, they match the fonts on the logo's on the boat and they are raised as well, like them..

Nice pic's too Brian. Is that your F-150 I see in the backround?

those look pretty cool. I do have a question. up here they require the numbers to eb in a contrasting color to the hull so that they stand out. Do they not require that in Fl? up here those would have me pulled over in no time. i had put black ones on my dark red boat when i first got it and had to change them to white after i got fined.

Carlos,...I never put much $$ into numbers....I sell my boat every year anyway and it's just not a high priority.

I do like the raised one's pictured there though,...very cool looking!!

Sully,

Yep, thats my F150, Jim, I could have put Wally World black 99 cent numbers. I believe Florida law is they must be at least 3 " tall.

Mac, my wife said go for it when she saw the samples on their web site, anytime she gives me a thumbs up,, I dont debate it...

Hey Brian, sweet boat!!! Lets get serious about fishing. I'm free this weekend.

Wish I could say I was,, I have pager coverage this weekend till next Fri noon.. Maybe we could get together next weekend if your availible.. 904-891-3219

lol, I just got off pager cover today. Next weekend will work. I will call you. May you have a slow weekend with no calls.

Brian, They haveto be 3" tall here too but in a contrasting color. They need to be able to be seen from a distance. For instance on my dark red hull the black letters were too dark and couldnt be read easily. I got wrote up for it in NH so i switched them to white. Just wondering if the color reg down there too. up here those dark colors on the dark hull would get you pulled over.

Personally i think they look cool.

Jim,

I just looked it up on Myflorida.com...

Hopefully the black/red is enough contrast for FWC, I think it contrasts... but thats my opinion, hopefully it will not be a problem. I dont think my hull is that dark, it actualy looks lighter outside the garage..see above pic..

Numbering

The Florida registration number issued to a vessel is permanent and remains with the vessel as long as it is operated or stored in this state, even though its ownership may change.

The registration number issued to an undocumented vessel is to be painted or permanently attached to both sides of the bow (forward half) of the vessel and must be in block letters and numerals at least three inches high. The registration number must read from left to right, must contrast in color with the hull and be maintained in legible condition.

The prefix and suffix must be separated from the numerals by a space equal to the width of the digits, i.e., FL 0001 AB.

Sharp lettering...

I, too, have been written up for the numbering thing...

Brian / Jim,

I was also involved in a "numbers violation" back in 97 in Virginia. Same thing here - registration numbers must be 3 inch block letters / contrasting color. I have a black boat with purple and silver stripes. The bow section of my hull is almost completely black, so I had these VERY nice metallic purple centers / silver outlined numbers put on my boat. Cost me about $60 to have them custom made / colored out of 100 mph 4 mil vinyl. They looked SHARP. First day putting my boat in the water at the ramp, a Coast Guard guy comes up to me and asks if I want to participate in a "courtesy" inspection. I figured "why not? It's brand new, I have all my safety stuff, .... yeah, go ahead". So he immediately wrote something down on a little tablet and handed me a "fix-it" citation for my boat numbers. Five seconds latter, a Virginia Game and Fish guy showed up with his real citation book - he let me off with a warning, but told me that if I put the boat in the water that day, he would be giving me a ticket. So I had to go all the way back home, peel of my $60 sticker set (which by the way.... held on EXTREMELY well... no wonder they call them 100mph vinyl.... and put on some ugly 3 inch white block numbers.

Your's look extremely good. Unfortunately, with the regulation being the same, it may be up to the Game and Fish bubba's whether your numbers meet regulations or not.

cajunram1

Cajun,

Thanks for the input, I pulled the boat out today, and walked about 50 yards, then about 100 yards down the street, the numbers can be seen very clearly. I dont think I am gonna have a problem.. FWC folks here in NFLA are pretty cool,, now SFLA is a different story,, lucky for me I live in JAX.

Latest posts

Back