Check out my new radio!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okuma

Reaction score
I saw this and decided I had to have it. My boat is still torn down partially from some other work so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Hopefully this summer I will have a chance to get a whole new dash gauge plate but this will work for now.

The radio mounts into a 4" gauge cutout and has bluetooth built in. It's a JBL, I'll post a review once I actually use it.

I just took a piece of marine lumber and made the cutouts for the two 4" gauge spots and then bolted it on top of the current gauge plate. (Couldn't mount it directly into the original gauge plate as it had a spot for a smaller gauge that would have a left a gap after cutting for the bigger gauge)

It could definitely look better but at least it gives me back all the space in my electronics box.

Before:

2013-12-30 16.57.50.jpg

After:

2014-02-10 17.38.07.jpg

I like that and did more research on it. On JBL's website its selling for $200+ but on another I found it for $150. Appears no speakers come with it which is ok in my book since I bought a new pair that's more powerful but still small so it doesn't take up real estate space on the bow area. The other ones I got were only rated for 50 watts (same output as this radio) but found other speakers just slightly larger rated for 150 watts (my radio is rated at 200 watts). But I LIKE this smaller form factor. Like the looks of it too. Not really keen on bluetooth personally since I like having my cell phone at full power WHEN I need it (in the marsh WAY south LA its my lifeline). Steve I think I found the usb port (finally) as I'd like to use a memory card on a usb stick. I see they have the usb cable in one of the pics.

Now for those of you that want a iPod connectivity, you'll need to buy an adapter, it doesn't come with it. Best price I could find so far was here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_72384_JBL-PRV170.html
To me that's affordable but think I'll wait to see what Steve thinks of it. My buddy has purchased 3 similar units to that one and the same problem always cropped up - volume quits working at some point but this one appears better made.

Steve, what was the smaller gauge you removed?? Or did you or going to relocate it further down on the console?

Steve, what was the smaller gauge you removed?? Or did you or going to relocate it further down on the console?

It was a broken fuel gauge, and my fuel cell is inside my console so I can easily see the level anyway.

Latest posts

Back