Changing to 24 volt system

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKB17V

Reaction score
Ok. I do alot of spider rig fishing so I'm upgrading my 12 volt trolling motor system to a 24 volt Minn Kota Terrova. I will be changing out my 8 guage wire with 6 gauge. I have read that it is advisable to run your trolling motor wire on the opposite side of boat of your electronics wires. My set up now has everthing running on the same side with on interference of my electronics. Would the 24v change that? Anyone have your wires on the same side? Any advise would be appreciated.

My electronics is on the loom on starboard, TM wiring on port side

Air Force thanks for the feed back. I will run my wires on the oppsite side. Just confirming how others wires were run. It will be a little extra work but if it stops interference it will have to be done. I am changing from 8 to 6 gauge wire. Are u running a 24v system and do u know what gauge wire yours is?

6ga and its 12volts. No room for a 3rd battery. I wanted another battery just for lights/electronics totally separate from starting battery and TM. But I also use a VSR system so when main motor runs, it charges the TM/house battery. I did change all my electronics and other accessories to the TM battery, mostly because I don't use the TM that much. There's one main cable that goes to the fuse box, and then my electronics and power feed for the fishfinder/gps connections come off that. I don't experience any problems but I know better than to run electronics wiring near the TM power feed (other than AT the battery). Perfect would be another battery, but VSR and onboard charger just doesn't leave me room.

Latest posts

Back