carpet cleaning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce McDaniel

Reaction score
I own a Nitro 1999 700 LX. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to clean the carpets, or maybe more importantly what NOT to use?

The one thing that I found that works great is to wash the rug with regular soap then take pressure washer to them. start on the front deck and push everything to the lower deck and do the same in the rear. Just be careful around the edges. you'll be amazed.

Mike

Boat carpet is made of solution dyed polypropolene similar to indoor/outdoor or kitchen carpet. It is very stain resistant and will stand up to some pretty vigorious cleaning. I clean up coffee stains and the like with automotive foam carpet cleaner. It works great--just foam it on and scrub it with the brush and wipe off with a damp towel. The real test will be cleaning up some chartruse Spike-it my son spilled last weekend.

I was in the carpet biz for 10 years--we would demonstrate the color fastness of kitchen carpet by pouring full strength bleach on it and rinseing it off. KIDS DON'T TRY THAT AT HOME.

Harpo

Sooner... glad to see I don't have the only son that silled spike it last weekend!!!!..... to bad mine got it on the seat!

LOL Kraig

Kraig,

My funny story on spike-it. Last year I went out with a well known guide on Fork (who shall remain nameless). He was adamant that only HE could hold the bottle in his boat. I tossed him a worm to tip the tail and just as he dipped it he got a bump on the rod he had cradled on his elbow. Well, out of instinct, he set the hook and threw chartruse dye all over me, my tackle, the carpet, seats, and everywhere else you can think of. And the worst part was that he caught the fish and it was a dink about 10" long. I still wear those chartruse tie-dyed jeans to fish in on occasion. You'd think he would have at least offered me a discount :) LOL.

Carpet Cleaning is my biz. I would use an extraction machine. It's not what you put in it's what you get out. Try to apply a mild low sudsing detergent to the pre-vacuumed carpet. Agitate lightly with a soft brush and rinse with the extraction machine with clean hot water. Good luck. E-mail me with any questions.

What's an "extraction machine" and where do I get one?

An extraction machine is a carpet cleaning machine with a resevoir for clean water and one for the recovered dirty water.It has two hoses on it. One for the vacuum and one for the (clean) water. You can rent these things anywhere.

Latest posts

Back