Cap To Hull Seperation Nitro 700 Lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Reaction score
I'm new to the site and am concerned about my new recent purchase me and my fiancé just made. We have a 99 nitro lx with a 90hp and I have notice that the cap and the hull have become separated at the left rear transom area. Idea on what cause this to happen? I did find an old repair under the driver and passengers consule that has failed and a fiber glass crack under the dry storage area. Also on the left side. Just looking for some advice on what could of caused this and what to start doing to get this back to gather and keep water from coming in. Thanks for any info.

I'm certainly no expert on this issue so, I can't be sure. But, it seems to me for a separation from cap to hull, that the boat at some point had gone airborne. That could also have caused the crack under the consoles and storage area.
Best advice I could give would be to have a certified dealer to assess damage. Find out accost for repair and go from there.
I wish you well.

Jared, sorry to hear it. I hate to suggest it, but you probably need a professional to look at the transom to make sure it's not due to water penetration. If the transom is sound and the problem was due to a rough impact, that's a lot easier to fix than having to redo the entire transom.

Latest posts

Back