Can't stand a thief!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Shelton

Reaction score
So I was reading a post someone had last week about a guy getting his trailer stolen while out on the water. I thought about that long and hard and decided to put a padlock on mine. Any who I was out on Lewis Smith Lake Saturday testing my transducer location on my Lowrance, which went great! Finally got it to read at high speed. So when me and the wife got back to the ramp, I find out someone has stolen my transom saver out of the bed of my truck. Now I have been leaving it there for YEARS and never had a problem til now. I noticed several other trucks with them laying in the bed. I was fortunate enough to have the folding lock mech on my motor to at least get me home. I hope who ever stole it had 2 flats on their boat trailer going home!!!

Cheap lesson learned. Seems you can't trust anyone anymore. I did an article for Yamamoto on locking up EVERYTHING. It's sad.

TOXIC

Here's one for ya all, The little city I live near, sponsored a big crappie fishing tourney. The city ran power for plug-ins next to an area hotel for the fishermen to plug in at night. The day before the tourney was to start, someone came in and stole all the copper wire. Which tell's me if it isn't under my own physical control, it could be stolen.

Dennis in Al

I agree with you all... Was out fishing on Lake Anna last year, while recovering my boat, I noticed that mt spare tire had been stolen from my trailer.. Keeping your equipment locked is the absolute safest way to preent stealing... Good luck and happy fishing!

well, they stole the tail gate off my truck,now i have one with a lock,funny thing is when I took it to GMC for a replacement,someone had stolen about a dozen of theres too.

Latest posts

Back