Canadian Musky trip

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gregan

Reaction score
Just got back from a very good, and relaxing, trip to the French River in Canada. This was the first true test for my new Nitro 750 and I have to say I was really impressed by the boat. The weather sometimes gets crazy up there but the boat handled great even in rough wind and water. Motor ran great! Noticed fuel and oil economy not that great but I was used to being in my friends boat which had a 50 merc.

Caught some nice fish but it took a little getting used to being "closer" to the water line. Trailered great. Few minor probs: Zercom flasher cut out, pedestal seat came apart but it was replaced by dealer. Couple of questions for fellow members:

1. rubber mats in front and on step starting to come up on edges. What is the best way to fix?

2. Hatch lids became a little looser from bumpy riding. Anyway to tighten them.

3. Noticed wiring at far end of rod lockers. Since I use long rods ( 6'10" to 7') should I try and put wires up so they are not interfered with when taking rods in and out of locker?

4. Noticed cable near bottom of motor. Dealer says he thinks it speedometer cable. Not sure but it is inserted partially through drilled hole and it looks like after alot of use cable will rub and wear on edge of hole.

Anyway thanks to all of you for helping with info when I first got boat. I read Rich's post and I replied. Looks like I was out of touch for too long.

Rubber cement will fix the floor matts.....back all the screws out of the lids and shoot alittle silicone adhesive in the holes and reset the screws,...they'll stay tight again for a looooong time!! Do that with the rub rail screws too if they start to back out!! The wires hanging are probably from the trolling motor. That's happened on EVERY Nitro I've ever owned,...they deffinetely need to find a more secure way to fasten those,....wirings hanging down in the rod locker's looks very tacky. Hate that!!

If you can figure out a way to fixit,..let ME know!! LOL

Regards,

Mac

ESOX TRACKER...

Also went to an Island Lodge with about 15 cabins on it.

Towed the Nitro up and glad I did. My partner and I boated 3 nice muskies and missed a monster on a ten inch reef hawg.

I know that sounds like a fish story but when I do boat him I'll send a picture. Bow mount motor is great and wouldn't

fish without it. Nitro 750 handled heavy weather very well.

This place on the French River hardly fished for muskies, mostly walleye and bass fisherman. My partner and I have been going to the same place for about 5 years and started getting into muskies then. Have CPR'd three over fifty and several others in the low to mid 40's range. Am already looking forward to the fall trip! Someday when I learn how to use them I get a digital camera and be able to post pictures. Wish I could extend rod locker to accomodate longer rods but will have to make due with what I have. Good hunting!

Latest posts

Back