Can you ski or tube from a Nitro z-9?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Edmonds

Reaction score
My son & I are ordering a z-9 in coming weeks & my wife is interested in skiing from it. I know this is a bass boat but wanted to know if there is anyone out there doing it?

John

My son & I are ordering a z-9 in coming weeks & my wife is interested in skiing from it. I know this is a bass boat but wanted to know if there is anyone out there doing it?

John

What size motor are you getting on it?

My 929 worked for tubes but I would wager that skis would be difficult unless you rig the ski pole. I used the transom tie downs in the rear with a floating harness but the rope still drug in the water and I put a lot of strain on my motor trying to stay on plane and still go slow enough that I didn't launch the tube. My brother in law asked me 1 time to let her eat.....just 1 time.:D

if it's the deciding factor in letting you get the z9 for all you tournaments and bass fishing then I would say yes you can ski from it with the right prop. Though I woundn't want to do that to any bass boat. Something about it is just not right. lol

I do it all the time. I have an extra prop that works better since you need power, not speed. I use a 23P Trophy plus instead my regular 25P Tempest. I am never above 45ooRPM since I do not want to over rev the motor. If you are serious about doing it regularly, get a ski pole instead of using the tiedown hooks. It is much safer for your prop and motor...

RH

does anyone no what type of ski pole to buy. I have a 2013 z 8 and have been trying to figure out what type of ski pole to use.

Latest posts

Back