Quantcast

Can I trailer with cover on?

Nitro & Tracker Owners

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Owners:

Rizzo

Reaction score
I have a new 2021 Z20pro. Can I trailer it with the cover on? Any issues with interstate driving?

Bassn_Man

Reaction score
I trailer my z-17 all the time with the cover on. I always check that it is tight and the straps are also secure so they don't just flap in the wind. I recommend stopping after about half an hour on the road. 1st check your wheel bearings to insure they aren't getting hot, then tighten any loose straps on your cover.

Nitro929

Reaction score
If it's a travel cover then yes you can trailer the boat covered, however no matter how tight you can make it after time it will mar the finish where it rubs.

Kirby Wilson

Reaction score
Only use a cover when traveling due to weather like rain, snow, or when the roads are sweating. Like Nitro926 stated the cover will eventually wear on the boat finish.
it is also hard on the cover to trailer.

Larry Williams

Reaction score
Yes, you can, I pulled my new boat from Pro's Choice Marine in MO. to Louisiana. No problem at all just keep it tight with the rachet pulls.
Tha trip is the only time I've used that cover. I use a nylon dust cover under my garage cover since it's much easier to take on/off.

Idriller

Reaction score
I trailered my Z19 with the cover from East MS to Toledo bend. No problems. My cover is the one supplied to Nitro with the ratchet straps made into.